Off topic, but....

Started by purplepickup, March 26, 2013, 12:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

This isn't really about cars but it sort of is.  A shopping forum I go to has a thread about free 3'x6' vinyl banners (+$15 shipping).  I can think of lots of uses at car shows, etc so I thought I'd post.  These deals don't usually last very long but maybe it's still active and someone can use a banner.  Here's a link to the forum where there are details(site is Slick deals).  http://tinyurl.com/co55ozv

Does the RRT one need replacing?
George

purplepickup

Well, I ordered one for Hooley's pit.  I got the images by taking a photo of a t-shirt for the car and an old sticker on the back window of my van for the lettering.  974 is evolving so I don't have a current pic of the car but what the heck...I guess this is nostalgia already.

Here's a picture of the banner.

George

enjenjo

That is a good price. Fatcat has the equipment to make banners now. Along with other signs.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fat Cat

Yes I can but I can't even buy the materials to make a 2x6 banner for $16.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Yes I can but I can't even buy the materials to make a 2x6 banner for $16.
Yeah, the normal price for the 3x6 that I made is $58 without the promo.  I'm sure they're writing it off to expand their exposure.
George

WZ JUNK

Looks very good.  It will be great to have that banner to identify the pit.  As some of you know it is difficult to locate a particular pit at Bonneville.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Hey George......Thanks for the link! I ordered one of the banners for the business as well as a couple of other metal advertising signs.Won't know the quality until they arrive but the price on the metal signs was about half of what I paid locally a couple of weeks ago.The local thugs like to steal the signs we place in front of our building sites......you'd think with my company name and contact info printed on them that just once,someone would return one......hasn't happened yet! We've literally had dozens of them stolen over the last 30 years......It'd be interesting to know where they have ended up!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

By the way........If the RRT banner needs replacing, I'll spring for the shipping.

Beck

Quote from: "40"The local thugs like to steal the signs we place in front of our building sites......you'd think with my company name and contact info printed on them that just once,someone would return one......hasn't happened yet! We've literally had dozens of them stolen over the last 30 years......It'd be interesting to know where they have ended up!

"40", They're hanging inside of my garage. Thanks! I could use some more.

George, The 974 banner looks good. When the car is in line it is sometimes difficult to locate the right pit.
If I can get away with it in Aug it will look good next to "40"s signs. Hehehehee.
Seriously, I may call them and ask to have one made just like it for my garage. My time spent at Bonneville has been some of the most enjoyable of my life. It will bring back good memories.

Quote"40", They're hanging inside of my garage. Thanks! I could use some more.

Well.......I did hear they make great patch material for rusted floorboards! :P

purplepickup

Quote from: "Beck"I may call them and ask to have one made just like it for my garage. My time spent at Bonneville has been some of the most enjoyable of my life. It will bring back good memories.
To get the banner free you need to follow the instructions that are at the slickdeals link I put in my first post and make your own. The artwork is a very high resolution file and I can't email it but I have a Dropbox account and if I did things right you should be able to download it here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/bb3b84cwqhj7z8i/bannerpic.tif .  It's 68mb so it might take a little while.  After the artwork is on your computer go to the banner site and use it to make a banner.  Make sure you pick 3'x6'...that's the only size that's free.  It's real easy to import the file onto the configurator and manipulate it to fill the banner with as much of the orange part of the image as you want.  The whole image is bigger than the banner template so you won't have any blank space to worry about. If you have a problem let me know.  The free deal is only good til midnight.  

Also, I made two but to get them free I had to do two orders.  For some reason when I made the quantity 2 it charged me for two at the full price.  Your results may vary.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot the banner site won't accept a file larger than 20mb so use this image instead https://www.dropbox.com/s/f51cdi8q2vf1w5f/bannerpicjpg.jpg
George

Beck

What did you do for the mounting options?

purplepickup

Quote from: "Beck"What did you do for the mounting options?
I got the 4.99 clear tab option and that's all.  My total was 19.99 including shipping.
George

Beck

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Beck"What did you do for the mounting options?
I got the 4.99 clear tab option and that's all.  My total was 19.99 including shipping.

I posted here last night,,, and ,, forgot all about it.. I missed out. Have a lot going on here, but I should have remembered that... CRS kicking in.

Hooley

George,
          That will be a great looking banner. It will fly with much pride.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"