My Stuff

Started by Flat Ernie, June 25, 2005, 06:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flat Ernie

Well, I've been lurking here off & on for a while - just got the email that I need to post something.  Most of you probably know me from other boards, but here's a pic or two of my rides.

My '34 Tudor

My '39 Harley WL

My '40 Coupe

:lol:
Daddy always said, "If yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!"  and I\'m one tough sumbitch!

Jimmy B

G'day and Welcome, nice rides! :D

barnsey

nice rides love the coupe can you tell us a bit about them cheers barnsey

Flat Ernie

Quote from: "barnsey"nice rides love the coupe can you tell us a bit about them cheers barnsey

The '40 is mostly stock - typical story, old man restores car, doesn't finish, dies, son sells car cheap - got a deal & a half on this older restoration - probably done 15+ years ago (I bought it 2yrs ago).  When I got it, it had zero interior, no door glass or mechanisms.  Everything was there for the doors though, so once I took delivery, I installed the glass & found some junkyard buckets for it.  Not as traditional as I'd like, but I couldn't find a bench that would work - at least within my timespan.

I'm always under a heavy-duty time crunch when I work on it since I'm in the UK & the car is in the states!  I only see it once a year or so!  

But the original 221 is rebuilt & she runs/drives very nicely.  Plans call for some altitude adjustment & a few bolt-on speed goodies.  I picked up a complete interior from a street rodder - it's basic black, but he wanted something else - wouldn't be my first choice, but for the price I paid, I now have a complete interior for stupidly reasonable money.

The '39 WL is currently down while I try to find the time to change the rear tire for the inspection over here.  I tried breaking the bead using every trick I could think of - all with no luck.  So I'm going to have to break down & take it somewhere.  Time is my enemy though - work keeps me way too busy.  It's getting bobbed in the short-term future - I've been collecting parts for it & have about got them all, so it's time.

The '34 Tudor is a relatively recent acquisition - it too is most all stock (for now) including mechanical brakes!  It does have a later 24 stud flatty in it though.  Plans call for hydraulics in the immediate future, dual exhaust, & some bolt-on speed goodies for the flatty - then comes the altitude adjustment (got a dropped axle already waiting).  Also have a minor generator problem - I think my armature is whacked - so need to get that to the autoelectric place to be sure.  For now, Ijust kep it charged up & use it for short trips (the brakes are scary enough anyway!)

:D
Daddy always said, "If yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!"  and I\'m one tough sumbitch!

barnsey

very nice althougth i don,t think i could spend that mutch time away from home cheers barnsey