2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Thank you, Phil.  :) Sometimes they gotta throw a decent pitch and then I don't have to slide into the bases. Have the other door on it now, fender and shaker hood are on deck. This will be quite the plug weld adventure soon. :arrow:
Matt

idrivejunk

Correction, duh. Not a shaker hood. That goes on the 69 (which is a roller now). Too many horses. This new hood was stashed away.
Matt

jaybee

I know these are big cars, but dang it they're good looking big cars.

This morning I was thinking I could enjoy a 1970-71 Ford Torino. Great styling, all the improvement potential of every other Falcon-chassis car, lots of room inside. Even the 4 doors have potential...or a wagon.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Remember the imaginary Nova sedan delivery?
Matt

jaybee

I don't, but that would be really interesting.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

I remember the nova. :)
O&S decided it was time to retire the green car show bag considering I have no green cars. :) For those that aren't aware, I made a bag to carry all of the stuff for car shows and leave it loaded so I don't have to think or wonder if I forgot something. I did this back in 2008 when the 32 was all I had. I ordered some turquois zodiac metalflake material to start. I have almond material that is close to whimbledon white for the inner liner and ends. I did some things different on this one and I'm not real satisfied with the results. Those of you that know me are aware that a redo may be coming. :) I'm going to have to come up with a better plan 1st. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

idrivejunk

Bill your mind must be like a bear trap, that was six years ago.

Nice bag. I tote a wooden lunchbox that has made certaim coworkers frightful and curious as to what I keep in there. Such as a tablet and bluetooth speaker, etc. They want to call it a purse but don't want me swinging it at their heads. :)

Has a GP emblem on it which might leave an impression. Like the ol Honda brand on a calf from laying one down.

These images date back to last phone which croaked so had to dig a little to find them. Along with a slew of others spawned by seeing a Fairmont Camino at a swap meet.
Matt

idrivejunk

Friday's task was to tame some monsterous hood gaps. It was one of those occasions where I switch off critical thought and just observe hands doing stuff.
Matt

kb426

Over here at Casa De O&S, it was oil change day on the daily's. The Dakota Rt has a little over 100,000 miles on it now. That kind of hurts me a little. It's going to quit and there's nothing out there to replace it in my world. The bosses Durango is all wheel drive. It's tall but not tall enough for me to get under without raising it. The good news is that there isn't a belly shield as is common now. The oil filter on top of the v6 is kinda nice. :) I didn't spill anything, forget anything or cut myself. That is a pretty good day anymore. :) I pulled the 48 in and removed the wiring harness plug for the ecu and checked the wires going to the mass air sensor. I didn't see anything that looked incorrect. I checked for a vacuum leak again. It idles correctly, no strange noises, nothing I can find. I think that means I'm not looking in the right place. Is it possible to purchase 2 sensors and neither one work properly?????:)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I sold two project cars today. The 54 Ford wagon, and a 48 Chevy Fleetline. Hot Rod money. :)
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

I'll probably be changing oil in the dailies this June.  The Tacoma and Forester both have the oil filter on top of the engine with a built in drain 'cup' to catch that last little bit of oil.  I installed Fumoto drain valves on both vehicles and they make the oil changes so much easier/cleaner.  I added a short hose to each one.

https://www.fumotousa.com/

The 4WD Taco is high enough to get under it unless I have to lube it and turn the driveshafts.  The Subie gets driven up on heavy plastic ramps. The Taco has 110,000 miles and the Subie 90,000 miles.  Still both like new.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Yesterday I made top of core support removable on the 73 then did a final test fit of engine and trans. Already knew it fit but had to assure the entry / exit path was do-able. Welding tower notches now. Tacked in "subframe" connectors last week.

71 Bronco is Seafoam green now but still wet. I may have heard the 51 F1 running awhile ago  :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Make grinder noises here.

Getting the thread Bogarting feeling... somebody tell a story.  :)

Matt