Hot Rod magazine

Started by enjenjo, November 23, 2023, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I see hot Rod is changing their format. Starting the first of the year they will be quarterly " worthy of any car fan's coffee table". Plus a free one year subscription to Motor Trend. Whoopee!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Hmmm, sounds like happy spin around the continued, slow decline of automotive periodicals.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

tomslik

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

sirstude

My subscription runs until November 25.  Wonder how they are going to handle that, since the new price is $30 a year for 4 magazines?
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

idrivejunk

HRM stopped being relevant decades ago. They have probably grown weary of online TRJ worship and figured if ya can't beat em, join em.
Matt

enjenjo

The last couple years HRM has had some decent content and features, but considerable recycled content too. My expectations for the new HRM is not high. Speaking of TRJ, I haven't seen a new one in a while.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I discontinued all magazines 2 decades ago..  Even with the consolidation of a few labels , I saw little value in them.

Same for the TV shows current offering.  How many shows can there be about finding old stagnant sitting vehicles? Bolting in various levels of parts, then driving them? I was doing that 40 years ago. Granted the cars I dealt with had only sat for 1 or 2 decades in most cases.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Tman

I am sorry to see the state of print these day. I still have all my dads HRMs going back into the 60s and have been dragging them around the Country for 50 years! In the end, the industry did it to their selves. It started with Peterson being sold off and just snowballed with venture capitalists etc etc. I see a niche surviving such as in my black powder hobby. Muzzleloader magazine caters to that crowd and isn't trying to make shareholders money. I don't think TRJ will ever regain their status but SOMEBODY will fill their shoes.

bucketmouth

Even down here lots of auto related magazines have disappeared from the shelves.
Australian Street Rodding has ceased operations after many decades of publication at issue 400.
I have all 400 from the seventies until the end. It's sad moment in our hobby that's for sure.
Looking at the barely shelved racks at any store it's not just our hobby that is feeling the change but all magazines across the board.
Its a sign of the times sadly.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.