New Corvette

Started by phat46, December 22, 2018, 08:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

One thing about living at the end of an expressway that runs through Detroit is that we often have preproduction/disguised cars from the Big Three show up here. This is a 2020 Corvette at a park by my house,nice looking car. When the last generation of the Corvette was nearing production I followed two of them, undisguised, through the same area where this picture was taken. Some are so well disguised that even close up, walking around them, I can't tell what they are or even what brand they are. Have seen some really weird things! 😃

kb426

Kool! It's still great to be excited seeing something new. :)
TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: "kb426"Kool! It's still great to be excited seeing something new. :)

I'm not a 'Vette guy, but I like that. I drove through that park today, to see my buddy driving his 1,000 foot boat up the river that is behind whoever took this photo. No test mule 'Vettes today, but ya never know what might show up!

idrivejunk

That is wild. Can you imagine how many dollars it took to put that car on that street, all told? :shock:  I had a random redlight thought minutes ago, about new Corvettes: Of all the people I know firsthand, how many can beat a new Corvette? Zero. Drop it to Camaro... zilch. Seems wierd. Only money gets you there now. The 80s altered my perception. Anybody with headers could do the job then. :lol:
Matt

rumrumm

The new mid-engine Corvette's will be challenging the best of the European supercars for a fraction of the cost. Still way too expensive for my budget. At over six figures, I wonder if GM is going to price them out of the average Corvette owner's hands.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com