#974 on the chassis dyno

Started by WZ JUNK, May 30, 2006, 10:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

We made a couple of passes on the chassis dyno this evening.  They were short runs to about 160 MPH in 3rd gear.  The sound and percussion inside the dyno room was unbelievable.  The dyno computer shut itself down automatically because of the noise and vibration and so it limited our ablility to go past that point.  We were mainly checking some sensors and the air/fuel ratio and we were able to do what we wanted.  What a thrill standing beside a car running 160 MPH.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

1FATGMC

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"We made a couple of passes on the chassis dyno this evening.  They were short runs to about 160 MPH in 3rd gear.  The sound and percussion inside the dyno room was unbelievable.  The dyno computer shut itself down automatically because of the noise and vibration and so it limited our ablility to go past that point.  We were mainly checking some sensors and the air/fuel ratio and we were able to do what we wanted.  What a thrill standing beside a car running 160 MPH.

John

Great!!! I'll be calling you and Hooley tomorrow afternoon.  Sparky is here and I'm taking him to some ruins in the morning,

Sum

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"The sound and percussion inside the dyno room was unbelievable.  The dyno computer shut itself down automatically because of the noise and vibration  .

John

HOLY CRAP!!!!

you over-amped the dyno. :shock:

thats too cool. 8)  8)

I bet your still grinnin'

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

kb426

That's the first one I've heard of that doesn't have outside exhaust. The first time I was present when they dynoed a blown alky motor, the basic engine noise from the gear drive and loose clearances was scary. With the exhaust, you miss out on those noises. Sounds like you're making good progress.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"We made a couple of passes on the chassis dyno this evening.  They were short runs to about 160 MPH in 3rd gear.  The sound and percussion inside the dyno room was unbelievable.  The dyno computer shut itself down automatically because of the noise and vibration and so it limited our ablility to go past that point.  We were mainly checking some sensors and the air/fuel ratio and we were able to do what we wanted.  What a thrill standing beside a car running 160 MPH.

John

that'd be great to see/hear...any chance of a video?

parklane

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"What a thrill standing beside a car running 160 MPH.

John

I always thought you were fast, but 160 MPH??  Make sure you don't get a blowout on you sneakers at that speed, cuz it could put ya into a speed wobble  :wink:

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "phat46"

John

that'd be great to see/hear...any chance of a video?

We have Zoomie headers and there was no provision to hook up exhaust to the outdoors.  We were busy and did not have someone to video but Hooley did take a couple of pictures before the runs.  It was a lot of fun.

John
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH