Started by chimp koose, November 11, 2021, 01:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

pictures of my coupe . I hope to get back to it some day

39deluxe

That T has a good look.

Tom

chimp koose

Thanks , I am going to paint the wire wheels Tacoma cream and the body will be Navajo blue with cream panel striping . . .....Some day :roll: I have the louvers welded into the hood sides now . Will have to wait to make a hood top until I get the body assembled .  I still have to make the rear rims as they are 7" now and I have a pair of 8" rims that I have to weld the centres into . Rear tires will be 285/70/15 the slicks on there are the same diameter but a lot wider . Body will be stock as I am trying to make it look like a relatively stock model T from first glance .

416Ford

That one solid T. I like the stock look of it. 
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

chimp koose

Thanks 416 , I found this car quite by luck . I was renting my garage out to a guy and he came back from a swap meet with a phone # for me . In our visits he found out my favorite car was a T coupe . At the swap meet a fellow comes by his table and asked if he knew anyone who wanted a T coupe , so he took the # and passed it to me  . I almost didnt call but did anyways . This car had been in a barn for about 20 years and the guy selling it had acquired it just recently from a neighbor farmer who was having the crusher come to his place in a few weeks . This farmer took all the salvageable cars off the other farmer and traded him basically pound for pound with real scrap metal . He couldnt stand to see this stuff crushed . I went to see this coupe and took video of it for reference , then went and looked at all the coupes that I could remember ( I had been keeping track of all I had seen for many years ) . This one was by far the best of all I knew of . I called the guy up and made a deal . I got a lot of other parts along with the coupe so had to make 2 trips . At the next swap meet I made enough from the selling the other parts to cover the cost of the coupe . Free car ! When I picked this one up all I had to do was put a jack under the D/S rear wheel as it was broken , and roll it on to the trailer . A week later I had the original motor turning over . I could turn the crank and the back wheels would turn . I gave the original drivetrain to a buddy who was restoring a Roadster pick up . I have had this car for 19 years . I started working on it off and on for the last 10 years . I have all the body parts . The only real deviation from stock will be a 3 pc hood .

416Ford

Great story to go with the great car. You work at my pace also.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

jaybee

Great looking car and these days a somewhat uncommon look these days. I love that it was saved from the scrapper, that's always a victory.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

I have to thank the farmer I bought it from for saving it from the scrapper.

idrivejunk

That will make a fun rod. 8)
Matt