2020 .. What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2020, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

New year.  New Decade. New thread.. So far for 2020 , the wife and I went out for breakfast. Oh yea, we slept thru the celebration at midnite.  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

We slept through it, too. It's sunny here and is supposed to get to around 45* today. Like that better than snow and cold.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

Just my luck, I had just got adjusted to writing 2019 and now I have to start all over learning to write 2020

Have a great year.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

Started to clean the bench in the shop and found that a lot of the stuff needed to go in the cabinet above the bench.  The cabinet above the bench is FULL so pulled it all out and about half of that goes in other cabinets or the garbage.  One of the rod runs gives us small bottles of windex (couple of ounces) so I poured the 10 or so bottles I had in one windex bottle.  Lunch break and then back out to the shop.  Should get the cabinet and bench clean today.  Weather says it is 43 out today, and bouncing between blue skies and cloudy.  

Happy New Year to all.
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

I just finished installing a new rear brake caliper and master cylinder on the DR650. I'm planning on it being warm enough to ride, soon. :) After 18 years corrosion got the rear caliper. I replaced all of it to try and be done the 1st time.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Clean up in the shop today. I threw a bunch of cardboard in the stove and heated it all day on just that. Started on a little project  I cut the parts for two years ago, it will be finished tomorrow. Then back to the 54
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Worked on the wife's truck with her. She removed the seats and cleaned up the floors. Then she put some paint on them so they would not rust. I had to raise the engine a half inch to clear the steering box and then spent an hour trying to get the mounts lined back up. Box is in and pitman arm is mounted. Next up is cutting a hole for the stereo and speakers so Vickie can prep the dash and doors while I install a power steering pump and hoses.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

WZ JUNK

Interesting day for me.

Have you noticed that as we get older we tend to have some loose skin hanging under our upper arms.  It is not fat, or loose muscle, it just unsightly loose skin.  Well today I drove over some of my loose arm skin with my creeper.(Of course I was on the creeper)  It was painful, but I just keep going.  Sometimes I wonder what will happen next.  :D
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

I am not as active as you guys that are retired.

managed to catch the 2nd gopher in my front yard.  Usually takes 2 - 4 setting of the trap to get the correct tunnel and then "snap" .

This is the first time I've had 2 active gophers in the same location.  I hope the vines they were digging around to eat the roots survive.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Just got back from Calgary. We got a call just before new years eve that my son and his wife were in a car accident and were taken to hospital. We got there the next day and they had been released to home . Spent today driving them around to get things from their car at impound , it is likely a total loss. Got my son new glasses , airbag broke them,filed a police accident report and picked them up a rental car. They are seat belt bruised but otherwise ok although pretty sore. x rays and ct scans say there are no big problems . Other driver made a left turn right in front of them  , just lucky my grandson and his other grandma were not in the car this time

50 F1

416Ford

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Interesting day for me.

Have you noticed that as we get older we tend to have some loose skin hanging under our upper arms.  It is not fat, or loose muscle, it just unsightly loose skin.  Well today I drove over some of my loose arm skin with my creeper.(Of course I was on the creeper)  It was painful, but I just keep going.  Sometimes I wonder what will happen next.  :D

When we were younger it was our hair that got run over in the creeper. I miss those days  :(

chimp koose, good to hear your family is all safe.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Dave, I still run over hair with the creeper. :) Today I installed a new front hub on the Dakota. It's almost to 90,000 miles. This one has had slack for a while but in the last year it has become worse. While I was at it, I brought the dr back in and replaced the brake fluid in the front. I don't know why I didn't do that the other day. :) I took pics of the wheels off the 32 and listed them in a few places. If I don't have wheels around, the incentive to build more rods might lessen. :) And so goes the end of the 1st week of 2020. Wow! I still smile when I say that.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Chimp.....Good to hear that your son & his family are OK ...

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

C.K. that was good news with the bad for you. The left turn is the kiss of death for cyclists. It's not real healthy for anybody.
TEAM SMART