fender covers using moving blankets..

Started by wayne petty, March 13, 2013, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

just ran across this site for a TR6..

but it should work for any car...

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/FenderBlanket.htm

be sure to look check out the pockets ..

one could mark a cheep moving blanket with a chalk or sharpie and hand it to an upholstery shop to have them stitch it up for you..

use some Newspaper, masking paper or butcher paper to design the flaps inside the fenders... then cut it out and  transfer the pattern to  to the blanket.

most upholstery shops also have sheets of what most call AIR FOAM.. its like 24 inches by 60 inches one inch or an inch and a half thick... those could be sewn onto the bottom or stitched inside to protect the fender tops even better..

as long as no body lays these on the floor.. and checks them carefully before installation.. it might not scratch the paint..

i was always thinking of the light blue plastic window film that contractors stick over existing windows to prevent the need for overspray cleanup and scratches..  this might work on the fender tops also..

taxpyer

Great idea Wayne. I've often thought an apron made out of the same stuff would work well too. :roll:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

enjenjo

When working on high end cars we use cheap bath towels, several layers, taped in place with blue tape, and vinyl upholstery scraps taped over that.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.