Catching up...

Started by purplepickup, August 27, 2006, 02:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I haven't been on the computer since Aug 5 and there are a lot of posts to catch up on.  

I got home from the Bonneville trip last Sunday and found that a family member was in the care of Hospice.  He died last week so between that and trying to catch up at work I haven't had time to log on until now.

I took over 900 pictures on the Bonneville vacation that I haven't sorted thru yet.  I've glanced at some of them though and there are some great shots.  It will be a little out of date but I hope to put together an album online somewhere showing the highlights of the vacation.....and there were plenty of them.  Since I'm going to the NHRA US Nationals at Indy all next week I probably won't get the Utah pictures sorted until later this fall.

I was honored to be considered a part of the 974 crew at Bonneville.  The team and it's supporters is one of the best groups of human beings you could ever expect to meet.  It seems like getting together once a year isn't enough.  I'm going to miss seeing everyone.   I met some new people this year that after a few days it seemed like we had known each other for a long time.  Life is really good.

Well, I've got to get back to life.  The garden needs picking & weeding, the lawn needs mowing, need to get a camping trailer I'm building ready to take to Indy, a woodchuck that is burrowing under my shop needs to meet his maker, etc, etc.....

I just wanted to check in and say "hey".

Here's a few pics from the record breaking run.

Pushing off at the starting line

Hooley doing a little dance when he got out of the car

Hooley reading the time slip and realizing he had the record

Celebrating

The record qualifying and backup time slips.
George

jusjunk

Good to have you back George. I got some guys at work that are going to the nats next weekend. Sue and I are going to try and ride the Harley to Auburn just for sumpin to do and watch the auction and do the swap thing again this year . Ill be at kzoo thursday again for registration and hopefully on the harley. If we need to set up again you can count on me and ive got enuff room to bring a cooler and beer this time. Havent been on the bike much but I did get another 600 miles on it while I was off.
Dave :lol:

1FATGMC

Hey George it was good seeing you as usual.  Glad you made it home ok.

The pictures are GREAT!!!.   Can I use some or all of them when I do the story on Hooley for this year??  I'm going to try and do it the beginning of the week.

Thanks again for all the help.  Now get out in the garden :wink:

c ya, Sum

Hey George! Missed seeing you in Louisville but glad you had a Great Vacation!!Look forward to seeing the photos!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Quote from: "1FATGMC"The pictures are GREAT!!!.   Can I use some or all of them when I do the story on Hooley for this year??  I'm going to try and do it the beginning of the week.

c ya, Sum
Sure you can use any pics you want.   These were cropped out of larger pics.  If there are pics of anything in particular that you want, let me know.  I've got a bunch.  The originals are 2816 X 2112 so there's lots of possibilities.

Quote from: "N8DC"Ill be at kzoo thursday again for registration and hopefully on the harley. If we need to set up again you can count on me and ive got enuff room to bring a cooler and beer this time.
Dave :lol:
Cool!  The help would be appreciated 8)  I'll probably be there early in the afternoon.
George

Crosley.In.AZ

good to hear from you George .

that starting line photo is a million dollar view.

stay in touch ya ol phart.........
:wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

TEAM SMART

alchevy

What does 13% humidity feel like????? Got to try that one of these days! Great pictures. I don't think Mississippi has ever had humidity that low.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

EMSjunkie

Welcome back Geo. we missed you 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Great pictures George.  I am glad you were there to help and I am really glad you took those photos.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

rooster

Super Pictures!!!!! Sounds like a great time. Well done.