2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Thanks, Frank. Age differences present respect challenges both ways.  ;)  I had to behave as a tree in strong wind for a couple days. Nobody figured I'd still bend that far.

Heres a kinda K&B's yard-esque shot just for shiggles. Side pipes, hooray! :)

Matt

chimp koose

vinyl top on a mustang fastback . Thats the first one ive ever seen . :o

Crosley.In.AZ

Wednesday move... I have 1 more load to complete this. 

Heavy stuff in the next move.  Short block: chevy 383 cid , 2 bare chevy v8 blocks. Few more tools. drill press, floor jacks
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Dig the flop in this '22 color on a '56, under the varying indoor light.  8)  That will have some zing outdoors. I swear the pale looking cowl side pic is from the same walkaround-
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: chimp koose on April 06, 2023, 08:15:25 PMvinyl top on a mustang fastback . Thats the first one ive ever seen . :o

Looks legit. 71-3 yeah but now that you mention it... can't say I've seen a 69-70 with vinyl. But man that looks like original paint don't it? Survivor! Looks pretty unharmed.

This other lead sled (guy sez 6,600 lbs) has been around before. Looks like a flatty car but has a chromed out rat. I'm down! :shock:

Matt

idrivejunk

Actually remembered to whip into the u-pull-it on the way home and snagged my bolt and washer for the FWD POS off a Regal real quick. Ran into a buddy there who I didn't recognize for a sec. Done grew a soggy bottom boys lookin beard, wild man hair and a wife on his elbow. Whilst catching up I learned Honda transmission solenoids are external. Look like blinkers.  :o

Speaking of transmissions ...(safest to go ahead and spell that word out these days  :roll:
)...

The 700R in the wrecked 69 velle was hanging by one bolt. Most of the bell area of the case chunked off. They got it off, turned the crank and watched flexplate wobble. But flexplate does not appear bent. Uh-oh. Pan hit culvert as hard as the frame did. Its an LS. No tellin. One of those do you put it together and try it or go on and take the mill to a machine shop situations. Glad I dodged that task bullet.

Matt

chimp koose

If the car hit the engine hard enough it could really damage the thrust bearing as the crank tries to exit the front of the engine . Would be worth checking end play if nothing else .

idrivejunk

Quote from: chimp koose on April 08, 2023, 12:09:32 AMIf the car hit the engine hard enough it could really damage the thrust bearing as the crank tries to exit the front of the engine . Would be worth checking end play if nothing else .

Yeah! That, at least. No machinists in da house though. We may have a mike but not a mic.  :lol:

Did get pics of crashed frame though, and you can see direct contact with concrete.

Funny story: At the Benz dealer where I worked, we fixed a hard sideswipe on a little um SLK230 (?). The miata sized ones that say kompressor on the side. Young female driver, came in frequently. After the repair, at next service interval she asked the service writer why this gauge was always in the red....

it was the tach. A plastic piece in the transmission was either broken by the wreck or almost was then gave out later but she had been driving in first for thousands of miles it seemed. ???

Seen it before, even on my own wrecks... some mechanical damage takes time to reveal itself. Like the cruise control unit on my GT where the throttle cable had been pinched. Eventually tore the small section of rope inside the cruise unit by making it pull harder.

Stuff happens. Hard to know what all to check sometimes.

Anyway, this frame already had a nasty weld repair near the engine and the frame we found is much better. All I can say is I am glad the occupants must have been seat belted good.
Matt

chimp koose

Got nailed on drivers side right behind drivers door in a 66 comet i owned many years ago . Was a write off and I bought it back and hammered the fender out enough to fit a tire back on . ( pre re-cert inspection days) . Driving home from work one day I am about 3 blocks after turning off the expressway when my rear transmition mount falls out.Bolt was broken off in collision . I whip out the bottle jack and vice grip the mount back in place . % months later when I scrapped the car I remembered to remove the vice grip .

idrivejunk

Ha. My garage is still secured by vise grips. No time to replace the failed opener yet.

Had Easter dinner today.  :)

WZ, I sent a PM about your sunken treasure truck. :arrow:
Matt

kb426

O&S had a tiny bit of brain power today. I de-pinned 21 wires from the ecu plug. That leaves 49 wires the run the engine and do a OBD2 data port and a check engine light. I have an assortment of tools for that. Seldom do they work. I used a short piece of tig rod to make a tool. I ground the end to have a small flat on one side and bent it to one side to allow it to lay flat against the pin to slid under the catch to remove the pin. The harness still needs the relays added and the o2 sensor and vss wiring added.
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S is too old to chase the easter bunny. I spent the morning using the rickshaw sprayer and got the yard sprayed before the wind got up. After lunch, I worked on the wiring harness some more. I removed 5 more wires. All the circuits for the downstream o2 sensors are removed now. There was an octane sensor on one bank that was not connected to anything. It had a plug in the end to keep dirt out of the wire end. I unwrapped the harness on that side and removed the circuit. I wrapped it back up as original. I think I will double check all of the numbers on the ecu before I go any farther. Being blind warrants the double check. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

We have been watching a show "Food that built America" on the  TV...  Its a series.  Covers food pioneers that created the brands and types of foods we know from the late 1800s thru the 1960s - 70s.  It also shows how food stores changed when pre-packaged foods entered the market
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Hot diggity, new meat! :)

Passing 56 Chevy truck job to the painter. Situation normal, if it ain't sombody leaving its somebody supposed to start today but can't for another week trying to relocate. Shufflin' the dadgum plans around. But I'll take it. Got 3 weeks to take it as far as I can. One of the other guys put a firewall in already, did cowl rust stuff. It ain't pretty but its a 68-72 GM cab with brown bottom disease and some work days showing on back of cab. You'll see. I haven't been into these cabs much, that I recall. Kinda like the design underneath but that double wall above the belt line always makes for challenges doing a nice job.Roof is not hammered for once though. :arrow:
Matt