Homemade wire wheel stand

Started by Fuzzy, March 07, 2007, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

Here's a wire wheel stand I built out of some scrap items.The red knob is the on-off,pull up for on,push-in for off.It controls a rocker switch on the motor that's out of a gas pump.
No billet for this kid!

Crosley.In.AZ

boy :!:   that ol dog would take some skin off!

kool
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jusjunk

Did you use that to clean the driveway  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

UGLY OLDS

When you work with "genuine" old car parts, a serious wire wheel is a good thing to have...I like It :!:  :!:  Looks great :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

JOB SECURITY :!:  :!:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Here's a wire wheel stand I built out of some scrap items.The red knob is the on-off,pull up for on,push-in for off.It controls a rocker switch on the motor that's out of a gas pump.

That'll take the dot off a Hindu...It's a "gitter-done" that's for sure. I like it. Wouldn't want to get my gold chain caught in it though. Any chance of putting a rheostat on it to slow it down a tad for a polishing bonnet?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "Fuzzy"Here's a wire wheel stand I built out of some scrap items.The red knob is the on-off,pull up for on,push-in for off.It controls a rocker switch on the motor that's out of a gas pump.

That'll take the dot off a Hindu...It's a "gitter-done" that's for sure. I like it. Wouldn't want to get my gold chain caught in it though. Any chance of putting a rheostat on it to slow it down a tad for a polishing bonnet?

I have a buffer set up about the same...Different size pullys to get different speeds works great :!: ( Did the same pully thing to my band saw using a jackshaft & multiple belts..) Rube Goldberg was my instructor in high school...I'd send photos but I'm "camera  illiterate" ........ Just where does the film go into the floppy drive window :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Funny story about belt guards.  I have a big old furnace blower that I use in the summer to circulate air in the shop. It would run for a while, then the motor would get hot and kick off. In 10 minutes or so, it would kick back on, until it got hot again, As usual for me, there was no belt guard.

When fatcat's children were little, the belt fascinated them, and was right at their eye level. So he made a guard for it to keep little fingers out. A byproduct, the motor no longer overheated, the guard would throw enough air to the motor to keep it cool.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fuzzy

Frank,I'll have to try that belt-guard idea.I've got the same problem with the old furnace motor squirrel cage in my shop.It does the same thing.Good idea.
No billet for this kid!