2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Cab pics. I found out it gets EFI.

Matt

kb426

The cat is comical. :)
O&S made a little road trip in the 48 today. I went to Atwood Ks. for their show. 42nd annual. I pushed a strong head wind going up and had tail and cross wing coming home. 18.2 mpg going up and better than 23 returning. This link is for the pics I took. {https://youtu.be/ReV83o_M0XU}
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

KB the engine in the chopper is a suzuki gs1000 in line 4 with 4 carbs . Supposed to make north of 90hp stock. The donor bike was a 77 gs750 with the 1000cc swapped in . Donor bike also had factory mounts for a side car .

kb426

C.K., this is the battery for a late model cbr1000rr. I had a similar battery in my 2005.
YTZ7S is a 12V 6AH 130 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Battery
Dimensions: 4.50 inches x 2.81 inches x 4.21 inches. Polarity: Positive on Right, Negative on Left.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

That was quite the gathering at Atwood, Bill. Thanks for sharing some real juicy stuff.  :)

The 99 GT ( my backup DD ) lives again, been driving it around this morning after swapping in fan relays off the 02 GTP (RIP). Fans work now, thats all. Still has a long list of needs but it could fill in, in a pinch. Been a few months since it was viable for the commute so thats progress! :arrow:
Matt

kb426

O&S put the 48 up in the air and checked for loose fasteners, rubbing anything, etc. I changed oil in the trans at 1268 miles. There was some metallic particles in the oil so after another 1000 miles, I may change it again. The total average fuel economy for yesterday was 20.2. 20 has been my bench mark on project vehicles so I guess I hit the mark. :) I had a tiny bit of freon left when I serviced the system. I emptied the rest of the can today. With the Taurus fan on, it get's cool in there quite rapidly. We'll see how it does when it gets to 110 at 70 mph. :) I gave it a bath so it's bug free for a bit.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Welp... GT's fans do spin but ambient temp reading was stuck on 64 with it over 80 outside. So I look up the number and find a Standard brand in stock at closest store. Scribble down the number, run 3 miles to there. Noticed when parking that temp was 220 or so. Right after watching it stay stable in my driveway at 210 or under for like 20 minutes. Temp drops to normal (180-190) while driving. Hmm.

Pop hood, yep 225-230 idling with both fans whirring away. Hmm. Enter store, wait, am told that store does not stock the item. Go down the street 1.4 miles. I do this and get it plus a bonus toy for myself. Random 220°F spike cruising 35 mph coming home. Hmm

Change sensor in driveway. Neighbor has taken the GT's specific parking spot in street, leaving space in front of their house. Hmm. Ambient temp now stuck at 67. Hmm

Back into neighbor vehicle then pull forward a couple inches to park as placeholder to defend my territory. Abort further auto repair thoughts because of that. Wanted to keep going, keep driving to keep working things out. But no.

The tire we concluded here months ago was ruined, is doing fine. I would have liked to have taken another stab at straightening up the LR wheel from the hit n run better today also. May as well drop that because with the temps I'm seeing, fans must be slow so must special order $200 item to find out. Before a fan nearly catches fire like on the GTP awhile back. Smokin cherry red, it got.

Hmm. After the GT sat a spell, keyed on to see ambient temp... 94°. About right. Mysterious but unrelated to engine temp issue. Normal is rock steady 180° with little fan action required. Another bad replacement water pump? GM 3800 cooling systems require meticulous burping and have no tolerance for leaks. But it does leak barely, don't know where. Hmm.

Doing laundry now and oh... hello ant friend(s). Dadgummit. Its them weeds on death row at work. Again. Welcome to my home little amigos. Not.

Another anti-Matt-er Sunday. Just cancel the progress statement, move my peg back to square one and geek on the red 41 in the pic.  :)  :arrow:

Matt