side tracked

Started by chimp koose, October 31, 2018, 10:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

as I look at my T , I realise I machined the door hinges for it a full year ago and the doors are still hanging crooked . I have at least 3 other jobs partially completed on it since then . All of them require the doors to be completed before they can be finished . This roadster chassis is a nice departure from the T as it is coming along nicely . I think the roadster is getting my desire to work on the T back to a good level . Have you ever been side tracked by a project that gets you back in the building mood ?

416Ford

If you could see my garage now..... My streetrod is covered up and still need a few things done before spring, one of the wife's Torino's is in my work shop for sheet metal work and one is in her garage waiting for brake work. And the one I want to be working on is #4 on the list.
I have the urge to work my butt off so I can get to #4.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

I don't want to play in this game. :)
TEAM SMART

Arnold

Happens to me ALL the time..sometimes I put something down/get stuck..start something else..then it hits me. Sometimes I TRY and see if starting something else will fire me up. I don't mind having unfinished stuff around IF what started that got me back on track.

UGLY OLDS

Side Tracked  :?:   SIDE TRACKED  :?:  :?:  :roll:

I can't keep my train on the REGULAR track, let alone a "Side Track" ... :roll:  :oops:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I think sometimes i just see what else needs doing rather than seeing what is already done . When the right person looks at what is there and comments on it , i start seeing how far i have progressed rather than the laundry list of what needs doing yet . Our yearly car show at the school is a pick me up as people only see the car once a year and comment on what i have done to it . i try to take a picture of it each year so i can remember what it looked like from year to year . Seeing it outside gives me a fresh perspective other than the car i walk past each morning as i come in to work . This year i had to miss our car show and did not get that pick me up . Probably didnt realize how much of a difference it makes . I work 3 jobs so sometimes it gets tough to get to the shop . This has been a busy year with my son getting married , becoming a new grandparent , and my daughter getting an acreage . Family comes first , the hot rod is a distant second.