2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I guess someone had to start a new thread.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

So far it has been a wet new year here in Aridzona.  Weather guessers say more rain this afternoon.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Sometime this week, we will be at around 60*, then it's supposed to snow the following day. Go figure.

Phil

idrivejunk

Mid 70s here today but not in this pic. New year, new car.
Matt

58 Yeoman

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Taco Tuesday here..  A few items arrive for the RV today. I will be performing a few changes , upgrades, maintenance items on the RV this month.

oh ya, its been raining litely here since 4am.  Suppose to move east from here by mid morning.  A warning for you guys that are eastward.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I had a return on a rebuilt transmission today. I tore it down with him standing there. He swore there were bearings bad because it was " grinding and squealing and locking the engine up. No damage evident in the transmission. So I charged him $100 for the partial teardown and told him to check his crank endplay. He called later and said he had about 1/4" end play. I told him that was his problem.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Rebuilt the radio section of the dash in the 55 last night. One more little thing done, on to the next.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

chimp koose

made the sissy bar for the chopper yesterday . pictures some day  :lol:

WZ JUNK

I am rewiring part of the old truck.  It involves rerouting some wiring and adding some wire that is unique to the fuel injection system that I am installing.  I think the truck may be the first vehicle I wired.  I know it is the first one that I wired without using a kit.  Most of the stuff came from a 78 Camaro that I scraped. It certainly is not done the way I would do one today but it has lasted over 30 years.  It is fun to go back and look at something you did a long time ago.

I ordered the fuel injection directly from Holley and it is on back order.  Monday I will try to get the kit from one of their vendors.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I have been working on the bathroom. I had the tile installed in the shower, and the knobs would not clear the wall. It took me a couple days of thinking, but I figured out a fixture that would let me hold the knobs in my lathe, and it was a 10 minute job to fix the problem.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

I saw Mars hiding behind the Moon this morning.
Matt

416Ford

I cut the metal trash can out of the 55 cowl last night and started filling in unnecessary holes.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Dave, are you getting close to the end of the metal replacement?
TEAM SMART

416Ford

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Nope. I am about ready to put the quarters on it but I need it to warm up so I can prime paint the inner structure. I have one side ready.