Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by jusjunk, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife went back to work in Vicksburg with a new job at a new place around the first of the month! Then she came home one day and said that they were hiring another position and asked if I would be interested in working there. my answer was YES!!!!!!!!!!!! So now I am back in the working world since being jobless since the end of May.

After a week of working I am ready for the weekend. We got off from work on Friday and headed to Jackson, MS to go to the Dixie National Livestock Show. Saw a horse event and then went to a trade show where you could find anything and more for a horse. Kinda like a small Louisville with all of the booths. Going back over there today to see some of the Quarter Horse Shows and do some shopping for the barn.

I get to ride to work with my wife in our economical HHR that gets between 26-27mpg and work is only 8 miles away. Yes I am feeling good right now!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Fat Cat

Quote from: "40chevy"Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife went back to work in Vicksburg with a new job at a new place around the first of the month! Then she came home one day and said that they were hiring another position and asked if I would be interested in working there. my answer was YES!!!!!!!!!!!! So now I am back in the working world since being jobless since the end of May.

I get to ride to work with my wife in our economical HHR that gets between 26-27mpg and work is only 8 miles away. Yes I am feeling good right now!
AL

Congrats Al

GPster

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Congrats Al
I saw your handle and I hoped that you were going to show us pictures of your Chevy being back on the frame. Maybe you could post the pictures you took two weeks ago this weekend. GPster

river1

Quote from: "40chevy"Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!

now THAT is news i like to hear );b(
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

That's GREAT news Al... Congrats to the both of ya .... :b-d:    

Bob.......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Great news Al. I haven't had to exp. both wage earners being unemployed. That can't be fun. I believe summer is looking good for your family also.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

That's great Al, glad to hear you are back on track.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I went to Wichita to see George and Reba. The weather is bad and I'm having difficulties waiting for warm weather. I've made motel res. for the events that I think I need to go to this year. Some are already sold out. All are higher priced than last year. Almost everyone was above $100 per night. This is Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn stuff. They were anywhere from 10 to 20 less last year. I'm still ready for summer. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

dis-assembled the old  Ford  170 cid engine from my  1962 Falcon.  The engine is standard bore and crank bearings  with Ford logo on them.

Odd looking crank with many cast holes in the weights  to lighten it up some.  Still a heavy some-beach
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

We are going junkyarding saturday, so I figured it was time to tune up the big van. Found two plug wires burnt up, and one loose one. No wonder it was missing and down on power. Much better now.

papastoyss

Quote from: "enjenjo"We are going junkyarding saturday, so I figured it was time to tune up the big van. Found two plug wires burnt up, and one loose one. No wonder it was missing and down on power. Much better now.
Trying to get the junkyard thing in before Mr "No Shoulders" wakes up for the summer?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

Quote from: "papastoyss"
Quote from: "enjenjo"We are going junkyarding saturday, so I figured it was time to tune up the big van. Found two plug wires burnt up, and one loose one. No wonder it was missing and down on power. Much better now.
Trying to get the junkyard thing in before Mr "No Shoulders" wakes up for the summer?

Before the weeds get too high.

32coupe

This Sunday I head off with a bunch of rodding mates on a 28 day cruise across the country, From the east coast all the way to the west, and back again.

It's only about 5000miles, but most of it we are doing first class on the train.

We are going to the regional nationals in Busselton western Australia, and yes I am taking the laptop and will be documanting our adventure, so stay tuned. :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

butch27

Putting my engine back together on the "T" and waiting for the 3:25 banjo gears to get here.

kb426

We have a spring snow storm. I'm really ready for this to be over. The price of natural gas has gone back up so I'm not so quick to heat the garage now. I'm still looking for a steel t bucket body. I'm sure that I will spend some time in front of the 'puter doing that.
TEAM SMART