New paint on my 41 1/2 ton

Started by bitoman, April 11, 2006, 03:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitoman

This caps a year of solid work  ( by myself & others ), of making this my dream truck.
I purchased from site Deals on wheels in Feb of 2005. Struck a deal over the phone, Thuck was primered, 327 / turbo 350 powered, and had been for sale for over 1 year.
I flew from Seattle to Sacramento, owner picked me up at airport, amd away we went. i checked the oil got the once over -  what was what drill, and eased it out of the garage, and NEVER LOOKED BACK.
I eventually pulled the bed off, and had ALL suspension components removed, cleaned off the bad welds, added new bushings, shocks etc. lazer alined it all back on.
next  rebuilt the radiator, and top half of the 327.
kicked off the 4" centerline fronts/ 12 " rears, or a marching set of
Cragar SS on 15's. relocated the 10 gallon tank , battery & other stuff in the diamond-plate bed box.
I then worked on the paint scheme in late 2005 ( 2 months ), researching
for the just right look. printed off an 11 X 17 photo of all my specs. for the painter and dropped my deposit.  
I just picked it up last Sat ( 4-8-06 )

bitoman

first image ' home ' from paint...

bitoman

side view.....
awesome site BTW,....
jim

enjenjo

Nice looking truck, I like the color combo. Here's to many miles of fun.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bitoman

here is my new look.
I took thee original REAR bumper, cut out the center, had the two ends chromed, & remounted it all. EFS PLATING @ the BREMERTON Airport
Sits on Cragars SS.
Happy Everything this season to all.
Please tell me what you think.
jim

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Welcome to the RRT Jim. :D

It sounds like you jumped right in head first and 'got-R-done'.  You've certainly earned the right to be proud.  It's a very nice truck and you put it together just the way you wanted it.  Hope to see you on the road somewhere.
George

tom36

Looks sharp!  I like the color combo and the new bumper tratment.  Tom...

Crosley.In.AZ

i think the bumper update does look better..... IMHO.

one of those polished aluminum bumpers with ribs may look good too.  I forget the brand name
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

n.c.rodder

I just started working on a 42 this past weekend. Looks good, I really like the two tone also!

Mike
Till we meet - On the street