Hello, another New Guy here...

Started by RipVW, January 09, 2021, 11:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

One of the crew members on my FED loved royal enfields and had a couple. My hottest street car was a 63 pontiac acadian . 400sbc/PG/9" that ran in the 12's with a junky 10:1 motor with a bit of a cam . I like the older T's a lot but all the body wood turns me away. I really like the centre door T's .

RipVW

Quote from: "chimp koose"One of the crew members on my FED loved royal enfields and had a couple. My hottest street car was a 63 pontiac acadian . 400sbc/PG/9" that ran in the 12's with a junky 10:1 motor with a bit of a cam . I like the older T's a lot but all the body wood turns me away. I really like the centre door T's .

Yeah the Royal Enfield was a hoot to ride and I loved the way that Motor just loped along but of course it was a vertical twin 700 cc Interceptor and ran like a scalded Ape.. That is when it was not broken. English /electrics and stuff falling off but it was still my main transportation.

My 23/24 coupe as I said inspired the Hot Rod coupe I am building now. I almost made it a hot rod but came to my senses with all the wood in the body. It was in good condition but I knew it would tear itself apart with more horsepower. I sold the Red T and picked up this one just because it had an all steel body. I like the "Tallness" of the T and decided early on NOT to chop the top. That is kind of the T badge is to set Tall and Proud.

Speaking of T I am going to open a separate thread on the build progress or lack thereof, (ha ha) of My Sleepy T Project!
I will do that when I wrap this post up and open the thread. I figured I would have a thread that is dedicated to the T Build so Look for Rip VW's Sleepy T Project. coming to a news forum near you!!! ha ha ha.

I like the looks of the T and the front view of my 24 just makes me smile. My T will most likely have an early A type radiator surround. My 24 had a fairly nice chrome oem shell but like you say they have just disappeared from existence and if your lucky to find one it cost 2 arms and a leg and you still have to fix it... Radiator is a big question mark? I have a all aluminum 4 row radiator brand new but it is about 3 inches too tall to set on the cross member it has to be 3 inches shorter so I will use a cut down 29 shell I think it will work with some judicious trimming, at least it sounds like some thing is possible. Time will tell. 8)

idrivejunk

Well. I'll be dipped in snuff. :oops:  Just found your thread, Rippy. :shock:

:D  Glad to see this!

I will have to absorb the prewar banter on the flipside, it was a big pic day. Found myself staring at the menu and realized...

Oh well, given time... mostly I'll do whats right. But will settle for bubble touching a line. Most days. :wink:

To you, an even keel Rip. May your cargo not shift abruptly amidst the endeavor. 8)
Matt

RipVW

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Well. I'll be dipped in snuff. :oops:  Just found your thread, Rippy. :shock:

:D  Glad to see this!

I will have to absorb the prewar banter on the flipside, it was a big pic day. Found myself staring at the menu and realized...

Oh well, given time... mostly I'll do whats right. But will settle for bubble touching a line. Most days. :wink:

To you, an even keel Rip. May your cargo not shift abruptly amidst the endeavor. 8)

ARRRRRGGGGGGG Me Cargo is strapped securely to the keel. The bit of collected seawater In the bowls of the hold will help keep my Grog cold, and deter any young or old scalliwag from helping himself to my treasure.

We will weather the sou'wester but by morning be clear of this fetid weather.. and Full Sale to the Far East......... :lol:

idrivejunk

Yar, yar... shiver me timbers, lad. :D

Did you hear about that new pirate movie?

T'is rated Arrr.

:lol:
Matt

enjenjo

I just threw up in my mouth a bit. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"I just threw up in my mouth a bit. :D

Did we make you seasick?   :lol:
Matt