An Aussie ute called Oz E Express

Started by Big G, February 25, 2010, 05:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big G

I have moved this from my last post about the two Aussie cars.
Just to continue the story of the spinner ute, I got the car home about 10days later after a lot of phone calls.  I saw straight away why he didn't want me to see the car, the floor that was supposedly finished had one side done and this was welded to the rusted floor with no effort to clean it up, the supposedly finished brake booster fitted had one bolt in it and no effort had been made to fit it properly. His panel repairs and welding was absolute crap.  I could go on and on but better off moving forward.

I have enlisted the help of a friend to do the panels, he has replaced the two crappy repairs on the side and we are about to put the body onto a rotiserie
Here is the "Frenched ???" headlights

The "finished " custom curve on the rear guards.

The rust repair welded by a chook.

Moving forward. this is that same repair now .

The body off, Oz E Express is naked.

The chassis.

This is what was under the rust repair, he had to have seen it. A pile of mud.

I wish I had done this as soon as i got him home (Oz E Express will be a car with balls and therefore referred to as "He"), it will make it so easy to work on the car.I should have the car on the rotiserie over the weekend.
Regards Glynn
There is NUTHIN like a throbbin V8

petrolhead

I can only see white squares but maybe thats a good thing. It sounds like you should of got in touch with some guys on a Aussie website to check out that lemon before you shelled out your bucks,bastards
Regards
Petrolhead
"Dare to be different,No Cookie Cutter Car for Me"

39deluxe

Your photos are gone. Do you have any new ones to post?

Tom