What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Thats sad, Frank. Another dose of mortality I reckon. But you may be right about a better place. I lost 3 uncles last year and another is in a hospital now.   :(

Today I slung mud at the '33 decklid. No pic though, so no footwear display.

Some of you may recall posts about a white Fox Mustang I worked on awhile back and like lives, the work is eventually done. Here are shots of the engine bay to illustrate the transformation in that area. Three of us got a piece of the shaving stuff and filling hole action. It was a lot of work but looks mighty fine and will be stuffed with goodies... eventually. Stuff I did was from the towers forward.

Matt

kb426

Looks nice, Matt. What do you guys think is the record for the most holes filled on a firewall or 2 fender wells? I believe that I filled 83 on the 51 and 52 on the 32. I think I only did 38 on a 52 Chevy pickup. Seems like Frank said he did 105 on something?????
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

T time for me today . I drilled and tapped a few holes for my bolt together upper brace for the rear panel  . Then I started to make trunk lid bumpers for the bottom of the trunk lid . I am using the ones from the buick that I got the trunk latch from . They are neat as they are a threaded piece of rubber that spirals into a punched piece of sheet metal . Really clean looking stuff . I am using the metal to make the corner braces for the trunk opening . next is to make trunk hinges and fit the lid better . Shooting for having the trunk done by the end of the month .

idrivejunk

Gosh, KB I'd wager that it was over a hundred. I'm the one who taped them all at the beginning so that the owner or boss could indicate what to do with each thing and I vaguely recall a 150-ish count. How many holes does the big panel on the passenger front apron count for? For this car I also made some thin quicky metal covers that attach with tabs and a single screw apiece, that box the tops of the rails forward of the towers to cover wiring. Just glad it wasn't me who had to pull the dash out.

CK, Those bumpers are nifty and I dig that you're retrofitting them. Great idea using the piece with the hole as braces, it sounds like a neat solution. In my vivid imagination, it does anyway  8)
Matt

UGLY OLDS

That looks really good Matt... Where can we get a roll of that "Hole Fillin' Tape"  :?:  :?    That stuff works like magic   :!:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

I have been working on my shop for the past few weeks. My  second moving wall is up and just about ready for insulation. Installed one of the 60" x 45" pieces of glass in it Monday and noticed it was cracked. Thankfully I had a few spares that came with that one for free.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"That looks really good Matt... Where can we get a roll of that "Hole Fillin' Tape"  :?:  :?    That stuff works like magic   :!:  :lol:

It is found on the same aisle as the colored welding rods. You know, the ones you use to weld stuff that's already painted :idea:  :lol:
Matt

chimp koose

Last time I saw that tape it was on the shelf next to cans of plaid spray paint in the unobtanium aisle .

kb426

Did you find that at Howdy Fools Tool store?  How about "Rube Goldbergs " house of fixes? :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

No lie, I have fond memories of being a kid dropped off for summer afternoons at the library in Wichita in the late 70s and digging out all the Rube Goldberg books to trace the power path and de-bunk those drawings for hours. 8)

This was today's whats up. I used my Arkansas air file (stick of PVC pipe wrapped in 80 grit) and plaid guide coat to make short work of this mess. Forgot to hokey pokey a foot in there though.

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Steering box fitment test.  Vega box, new reproduction piece.

I am running out of room past the engine mount I just tack'd in over the weekend. May need to use a round tube in the mount for the double D shaft to pass thru

i will cypher more tomorrow evening.  Ran outta time tonite.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: CrosleySteering box fitment test.  Vega box, new reproduction piece.

I am running out of room past the engine mount I just tack'd in over the weekend. May need to use a round tube in the mount for the double D shaft to pass thru

Hey Tony ...Maybe it's cause I haven't had my meds yet today, but isn't the pittman arm supposed to point the other way  :?:  
My Vega box seems to work better with the arm pointed to the front ... :?  :idea:

Just curious.... 8)

Ahhhhh........OOPS........ I see it now ...:oops:  :oops:   Lets see ... Two blue ones...A little Orange one ..The BIG Brown one...Those other meds are where  :?:  :?:  :roll:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Did you find that at Howdy Fools Tool store?  How about "Rube Goldbergs " house of fixes? :)

I do a lot of my on line shopping with these guys .....They have most everything I need ...The product reviews are great too.....

http://kalecoauto.com/

You need to watch for the "Super Sales" that they have... Much the same as our local grocery store ....SPECIAL...TODAY ONLY  ...Buy one at $1.25 OR get three for $3.99  :?  :?  :!:  :!:  ( Amazing how many people run to do that ... :roll: )

purplepickup

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

I do a lot of my on line shopping with these guys .....They have most everything I need ...The product reviews are great too.....

http://kalecoauto.com/

Their Performance section is interesting...brass balls, cross drilled brake line, kit to have your oil stay clean by bypassing the engine... :lol:
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: UGLY OLDS
Quote from: "Crosley"Steering box fitment test.  Vega box, new reproduction piece.

Hey Tony ...Maybe it's cause I haven't had my meds yet today, but isn't the pittman arm supposed to point the other way  :?:  
My Vega box seems to work better with the arm pointed to the front ... :?  :idea:

Just curious.... 8)

Ahhhhh........OOPS........ I see it now ...:oops:  :oops:   Lets see ... Two blue ones...A little Orange one ..The BIG Brown one...Those other meds are where  :?:  :?:  :roll:

Bob: I take you figured out. the steer box is in front of the axle.

:idea:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)