coupe progress

Started by moose, December 11, 2022, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

A few progress pics of my coupe

WZ JUNK

Good work.  Keep us updated.   I really like the casters on your wooden blocks.  I need to make some of those.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

That dash looks cool.  8)  Will the back window go all the way down?
Matt

kb426

Moose, if I was close, I'd come and watch or help. :) I like what I see.
TEAM SMART

moose

WJ, the "casters are HF 1500 lb wheel dollys that I recessed the bottom of the wood cribbing to capture the acorn bolt heads. Gives me the height and easy movement.

Matt, the dash is what is left of a 46 Chevy pick-up dash after removing everything that didn't look like Model A. Yes the rear window will roll all the way down. That combined with the 32 style cowl vent will be my climate control.

KB Road trip!

416Ford

Looking good moose. What is the status of the body at this time?

Dave
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

moose

Body is in prime ready to start blocking. I am working on fitting a hood top first.

kb426

Blocking causes my road trip enthusiasm to dwindle. :) To it's credit, the coupe is a fairly small body. :)
TEAM SMART

48builder

That's really cool. What color is it going to be?
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

chimp koose

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

moose

With minor differences I hope it will look similar

416Ford

That a nice concept Moose. Can't wait to see it at one of the shows.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

moose

Dave the concept it real close. I will be running hood tops and no lakes style pipes but the colors and scallops are the colors of choice! Hopefully it will be ready late '23 or early '24!

idrivejunk

I like it, the scallops add some MPH to it. :)

What goes under that hood? :shock:
Matt