What WZJUNK has been doing--Part II..........

Started by 1FATGMC, July 07, 2004, 01:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

I posted not too long ago that John was finishing the body work and painting Hooley's car while he was on vacation.  Just take a look at what John has accomplished in the past couple weeks and he wasn't even able to be at home all of that time.

I think the car is going to look great on the salt.  You did a great job John :lol: .

I'm expecting John to jump in here and explain what he has done with the car.  I'm just the picture poster.

c ya, Sum

p.s.  A pre-john picture not long ago.  The body was a basket case from the local salavge yard and Hooley has made the complete frame and suspension for it.

WZ JUNK

Thanks Sum.  I have been working with a can of Bondo in one hand and a spray gun in the other it seems.  I had hoped the car would look better but I guess it will be okay at speed.   The car had been wrecked hard many years ago and fixed poorly with lead.  It had rested on the ground in our local antique salvage for years.  I had to make some concessions on quality in order to get it finished.   Yesterday we made the front windshield and the back glass out of Lexan and although it was difficult to form, it went well.   I am doing the front clip now and the bumpers.  I will make a mold of the rear tail light housing and make two of them from fiberglass.  We only have one useable one and it is not good.  We talked about some of the problems and the scheduling yesterday.  We leave for Bonneville 5 weeks from tonight.

Hooley is fun to work with and those of you who have not met him should stop by and see us on the salt.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

I frenched the headlights today.  Fixed some places on the hood and bumpers.  I also made the plug for the mold that I will make the filler panel that goes where the tailight housing was on the original car.  I will primer all of those parts tomorrow morning and maybe pull the mold tomorrow afternoon.

The firesuit, helmet, fire extinguisher system, and some other stuff came on the UPS truck today.  I think I can get into the firesuit but I will wait until tomorrow to try.   Hooley is doing the front brakes and I think finishing up the rearend tonight.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

Just take a look at what John has accomplished in the past couple weeks and he wasn't even able to be at home all of that time.

Wow that would be a couple months for me! ( more like a year really)
  Great work guys!
-