Definate maybe.... Some day but not now...

Started by WINGNUTZ, March 26, 2009, 11:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGNUTZ

I've been pounding a little Roadster on the streets for the past couple of years and I've been asked many times... "What color ya goin to paint it"?

I tell them I haven't decided on a color which is true... every time I decide on a color I'll go to a show and see 58 cars painted that or similar color!!!!

Meanwhile I've put 15,000 miles on that car in 2 seasons and still contemplate on the "Perfect" color...!

The bad thing is that in the meantime... my car is constantly referred as a  ratrod which seems to be the buzzword these days... No disrespect intended but in their minds... anything that looks rough and is driven is a ratrod.

Aren't unfinished A roadsters allowed to drive anywhere without being called that?

One thing for sure... it doesn't matter what they call it... I call it pure fun because I built it and I'm the one having fun driving it everywhere!!!

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Didnt they call them beaters back in the 70's? Cars that were not 'finished ' but very driveable. Nice car by the way ,whatever you call it.

purplepickup

Hey there anonymous :D   Nice jalopy...I like.  It looks painted to me.

No need to be a lurker.  We don't bite much.  Sign up and join in on the Rodder's Roundtable forum.
George

Fat Cat

He wasn't anonymous when he posted that. I accidentally deleted his account when I was cleaning out a bunch of spammers.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Fat Cat"He wasn't anonymous when he posted that. I accidentally deleted his account when I was cleaning out a bunch of spammers.
Oops :oops:  Well, I hope he signs back up.
George

WINGNUTZ

Quote from: "Anonymous"I've been pounding a little Roadster on the streets for the past couple of years and I've been asked many times... "What color ya goin to paint it"?

I tell them I haven't decided on a color which is true... every time I decide on a color I'll go to a show and see 58 cars painted that or similar color!!!!

Meanwhile I've put 15,000 miles on that car in 2 seasons and still contemplate on the "Perfect" color...!

The bad thing is that in the meantime... my car is constantly referred as a  ratrod which seems to be the buzzword these days... No disrespect intended but in their minds... anything that looks rough and is driven is a ratrod.

Aren't unfinished A roadsters allowed to drive anywhere without being called that?

One thing for sure... it doesn't matter what they call it... I call it pure fun because I built it and I'm the one having fun driving it everywhere!!!

Hey Guys... I was finally able to get back on board!!!!

What happened???

Did I post photo's too early??? :)

enjenjo

No, our administrator was cleaning our spam out, and got you by mistake. I'm glad you made it back.

WINGNUTZ

Is there a way to get my name to replace "anonymous"???

Will this enable me to find my other posts that I submitted earlier?

enjenjo

pvcerod

Mate....does'nt matter what anyone says, it's yours, it's fun & it's pure Hot Rodding at it's best.........I'm jealous  8)  :wink:  :D
Happy Cruzin
Steve

TJ's Dad

No need for colour , looks great as it is and certainly no rat Rod !
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

WINGNUTZ

Thanks TJs Dad...

I sold the car last December and it's all painted with a custom interior and it looks outstanding however it's still called a "ratrod" (?)!!!! LOL...! :shock:

I did retain the grill shell and I'm gathering parts to build the "191" Roadster for my 191st car![/img]

WINGNUTZ

The interior is to "DIE FOR"...

"Not bad for a ratrod"! Hahaha...!