Update on the 48

Started by 48builder, May 02, 2023, 07:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Had to spend January in Florida to keep the wife happy, then a couple other trips slowed me down a little but making great progress overall. Been tidying up a few loose ends, got both rear swing-out windows working, a few little holes patched and bondoed. Having a new stainless firewall made, will post a pic when done. Been working on window regulators and the related parts. I had a grill bar that had a corner piece broke off that I repaired with something called muggy-weld. Came out well. Will start putting wires on the inside of the body soon. I'm sending a pic of the connector that went through the firewall of the donor Camaro. Twenty years ago I had the wiring harness in at one time, but I can't remember if I disconnected the harness at this connector. It looks like it does come apart but I hate to do it if I shouldn't. Any ideas on that? I could try to feed the wires and connectors through the hole this connector fits in but that may not work either. I wish my memory worked better.

More to come.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

I think you will find one bolt in the center of that connector that holds it together. Go for it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

The swing out windows should do a nice job of pulling air through the car.

Second what Frank said about that bulkhead connector. Usually there's a bolt right in the center.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

48builder

I know the connector you mention. My donor Z had 3 spots where wires went through the cowl or firewall. This is the connector you guys are thinking of. That one will actually ne inside the car. I think I will try feeding the wires through the hole I cut for the other connector to lock into just to be safe.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver