Flooding

Started by kb426, May 21, 2020, 07:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Is anybody affected by the Midland Mi. flooding?
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

It all rolls downhill from there. The Willis (Sears) Tower in Chicago was flooded and knocked out a lot of tv/radio service in that area. There are tv/radio antennas on that building.  The river going through my town here is rising. They have closed the river bridge at the town north of me about 10 miles, as flooding is covering the highway leading to it.

I heard on the radio yesterday that some places in MI have 9' of water in their towns, and had to evacuate. I hope everybody is okay.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

What we see on the news TV  sure looks bad.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

50 F1

We live about 50 miles North of Midand. There are bridges and roads washed out all over. It is really hard to get anywhere.

A dam broke on Wixom Lake. The lake is now gone and many many homes flooded. This is the same river system that flooded Midland.

We live on the Rifle River. We have lived here for 30 years and never have we seen so much water. Our home sits high above the river so we were not damaged.

8.1 inches of rain.

Mike

phat46

Midland got hit hard, but the towns above it are basically swept away. The Midland Mall area was flooded pretty bad and directly across the road, Eastman Road, which was under water in ths area, is the Midland Co. fairgrounds where they host a swap and car show three times a year. A county drain runs right through the fairgrounds so I suspect they are pretty wet too. I have a friend that lives in Midland, a former hunting camp member, that I haven't talked to in several year, makes me wonder how he made out.

junkyardjeff

I was planning on going to one of those shows this year but will have to be next year now.