My other 46 chevy truck....

Started by Haywood, December 16, 2006, 10:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haywood

Although my other truck is going together in a somewhat traditional style, this truck will be more like an old shop truck but with late model amenities. This one's for the wife so I need to keep things a little nicer. I decided up front I wanted to try a swap to an S-10 chassis and this is alot easier than I would have believed. The only modifications to this point have been to cut off existing bed and cab mounts and a width problem at the front of the cab. This frame bows out right at the firewall which would cause the frame to stick out past the cab. The easy fix is to cut the offending sections out on each side and swap to the opposite side (this is the lo-buck way. You could of course cut this section out all together and replace with tubing). I've had people ask me about the inner fender panels. I haven't tackled this yet but just from looking at how the cab and fenders line up, it would be a cut and fit, trial and error kinda thing. You would probably be better off to fab up new pieces. I will be able to answer questions easier as I get further into the build.

Here's what we have so far...

Again....truck as purchased....

I bet the neighbors were wondering what the heck was going on when the second rusty truck was delivered!

Here's a link to the rest of the build-up, so far... http://public.fotki.com/ButchP56/my_bucket-o-bolts_part_2/
Poor Boys  Tn

You don\'t build the car, the CAR builds you!