Air hose brands

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 30, 2020, 02:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I need a new air hose, basic 50 foot 3/8 air hose, 1/4 inch PT ends... Not Harbor Freight air hose. Any red air hose I have bought from HF has lasted 2 yrs maybe.. Starts cracking, then air bubbles under the red covering, then air leaks.

Looking on Amazon: only brands I know are Tekton and Senco...

I had a couple Goodyear brand air hoses many years ago.. All those hoses wanted to do was self coil up, loop around stuff.. They would not lay straight at all.  Maybe it was a feature , not a problem as I saw it?

My Air hose recoil reel from HF , the red air hose has crappped out.  I need a replacement..  Of course after I replace the hose.. The reel will quit.  LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

flexzilla is the best hose I've ever had, haven't killed it yet .
btw, they have a reel type setup too
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

The only weakness with flexzilla is welding around it. Pssssst. Otherwise it's great hose.  I can get it by the foot at the local hardware store and I use it for my sandblaster as media hose and it outlasts everything else I have tried.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

I hate my yellow hose at work with a passion. I really like the black 25' HF one at home.
Matt

348tripower

Quote from: "tomslik"flexzilla is the best hose I've ever had, haven't killed it yet .
btw, they have a reel type setup too

:D
Don Colliau

58 Yeoman

I'm still using my HF reel and hose that I bought quite a few years ago. Last year, I finally sold the C-man plastic reel with 100' of air hose that I've had since the 70's for $40. I thought for sure that the HF hose would surely have popped a few holes after that, but it hasn't done it yet. Of course, I only charge the hose when I need it, which isn't very often anymore.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

I bought a flexzilla after reading this. I think they should rename it to "coilzilla". While I'm painting, this hose coils up and tangles around everything in the shop more than any other hose I've used. :)
TEAM SMART

tomslik

Quote from: "kb426"I bought a flexzilla after reading this. I think they should rename it to "coilzilla". While I'm painting, this hose coils up and tangles around everything in the shop more than any other hose I've used. :)

never had that problem and I've had this one for years now
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

I've wondered if I got a bad one. I layed it out in the sun several times and it still does it.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I bought a flexzilla after reading this. I think they should rename it to "coilzilla". While I'm painting, this hose coils up and tangles around everything in the shop more than any other hose I've used. :)

Shop I worked at 30 yrs ago, we had some new Goodyear brand air hoses.. those would do the same thing.  Coil up , twist up in one coil, catch on stuff, catch your foot: trip you.  They would NOT lay flat to save yer a*****

i wish battery tools had come out 30 yrs ago with current Lith-ion type batterys.. my days under vehicles would have been a bit easier I think.

On my roll out reel from HF  , I took the hose out of it.  Cut about 10 feet of the leaky section out.  I now have a 40 foot hose on my 50 foot reel. So far... is good.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

This is what mine likes to do.
TEAM SMART

50 F1

I get mine from Grainger. Had them for at least 20 years. They are rubber. Maybe speed air brand. No problems.