New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

Quote from: "kb426"Beck, how many bags will go through one before it's done?
That depends on the media and the pressure. I used silica sand last time (with full filtration on the mask). I did some recycling so a bag count is difficult. After one 80# bag if I recall it was worn out.

kb426

The outside of the cab is blasted. There was a few surprises. :lol: I'm going to do some repair work before I prime it. It's inside the garage for a little while.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I spent half of yesterday filling holes. The brazed patch on the back got removed and patched as the fuel filler hole. This morning I have beat on dents and cut out the rusty area under the cab. I have 3 areas on the outside of the cab to repair and I'm going to replace the floor where it was doubled around the front cab mounts. That was for carriage bolts. You can guess what was left. I'm not good enough to do this without plastic so don't be to disappointed. :lol:
TEAM SMART

kb426

I blasted around the areas that were cut out some. The donor car that i purchased for this arrived. Time for measuring and thinking.
TEAM SMART

kb426

More rust repair. I'm close to the end on the cab.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Mr. Bondo has made some progress. I'm knee deep in parts. I purchased a No-Limit front end and rear kit. The rectangle tubing I ordered to build the frame arrived today so I have most of my spare time for a while filled up. There's lots of decisions to be made and lots of work. I'm always excited at this stage of a build. I'll try not to be boring with progress posts.  :D
TEAM SMART

kb426

I blasted the underneath side of the top to facilitate the installation of sound deadner. I'm still doing body work but I'm getting close to primering the cab. Hopefully tomorrow.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I reached a stopping point today. The body work on the cab is roughed in and in black epoxy primer. This has to go outside while the chassis is built. If I had storage area, this wouldn't be how this was happening. The windshield and back glass have been edged so I can put the glass in. For those of you that recognize the color, you know where this is headed. This project has become the Bullitt truck. I'll use gray spoke wheels and use the color on the 2001 and 2008 Bullitt's. Once that decision was made, life got easier! :D
TEAM SMART

kb426

This evening I began the destruction of the donor car.
TEAM SMART

kb426

This is what it took to remove the harness. The other pic is 2/3's of the wiring.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I think in my 65 ford 1/2 ton the entire wiring harness could probably be rolled up and put in the glove box! Wow thats a lot of wire.

kb426

Today I removed the fuel tank, drive shaft, rear sway bar, radiator, bellhousing bolts and 1 starter bolt. The header pipes aren't going anywhere. I'm going to have to cut the studs to get them off. I can't get the starter off until the right pipe is removed. Once the starter is off, the trans is ready to have the crossmember removed and it's out. The engine is about ready also. A black widow spider dropped off a motor mount to make it a little interesting for a moment. I thought my son's 83 was a pain to work on. It was easy compared to this. The mechanics that worked on these everyday have my respect. I'd rather change plugs in a 68 cobrajet mustang than work on this. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Lots of wires there... My 62 falcon has OE fuses on the back of the light switch.  2 fuses.

Are you going FULL power trains swap ?  All electronic engine and trans or what?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Tony, my plan at this time is to use the factory ecu for the 4.6 and wiring. I'm replacing the auto with a 3650. I think I'll spend some time after the chassis is built, to simplify the wiring harness. I won't need keyless entry, abs, 460 sound system, ect. I'm expecting to get educated with this. I think the eec-iv will look like child's play when I'm finished.  :D
TEAM SMART

kb426

Everyone has seen a trans on the floor. What's so special about that? The trans won't come out unless the header pipes are removed. They have cats in them. The header pipes weren't coming off. I found out that Ford installs the engine-trans together with a cradle from the bottom. You have to raise the body about 4 feet to do that. I ended up cutting the header pipe studs to get the pipes off. By removing the left one, I was able to get the trans out. The right one is easier to get at after the trans is out. I really expected the studs to break. That didn't happen either. The engine is about to come out and life is going to get better. :lol:
TEAM SMART