George Mouse Trap

Started by mopar2dr, November 06, 2009, 06:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar2dr

A thanks to the purple pickup guy for info on the bucket traps. Since last Sunday I have made a dent in local mouse population. Wish I had done this sooner.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

purplepickup

Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out Mike. :wink:

I made a little simpler version with a plastic bottle on a piece of wire that I thought was sort of "new and improved".  At least the bottle spins easier than the can version but it's only got one mouse so far and the old trusty original has bagged 6...it's been out a couple of weeks longer tho.
George

Bruce Dorsi

Yes, George, Thanks!

I made one after your earlier posts.  .....I used a plastic water bottle, and it spins very freely.

I had the bucket up in our attic over the winter, and caught one mouse.

This summer, my wife found some mouse turds in the kitchen pantry, so I brought the bucket down from the attic.  ......Another mouse was in the bucket the next morning.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

mopar2dr

I have my can on a fixed square dowel rod(no spinning) but have the bait smeared on the bottom of can. They try to get it,lose traction on the can and in they go.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

Danimal

George, this is terrible. How mean you are to Mickey and his friends.

I'm off to the barn to make a few! Love the "walk the plank" look to that!!

Digger

I ran across this by accident. I had a building that had been closed up for about a year and there was a bucket about half full of anti freeze in there.
 Upon moving I discovered the pail was about a third full of mice (I chose not to count them) There was all kinds of stuff in the building so I don't know where they were jumping from but they were doing it without bait or a bottle. Maybe its just the anti freeze they like.
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger