What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

phat46

Visiting my daughter and son in law and two grandsons in Raleigh, N.C. We're all planning a quiet New Years Eve. We volunteered to babysit, but the kids are too tired to want to go out.

idrivejunk

Another year's work is done, time to photo-bomb the new thread  :D

2015's parting shot... Lowered car meets big rock in street. Yesterday. Got fixed, went home today and all is well!

Thank goodness for sturdy race-type parts.

Matt

WZ JUNK

I am finishing a redo of my car trailer. It had been in need of an update for a long time.  I installed a new treated wood floor yesterday.  Today I am adding a new winch, a new chain box,  and it will be ready when I need it.  My "Friends" will be glad that it is back in service.

The first job will be to haul the 1954 Chevy to muffler shop.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Since November I have been fighting Blood Sugar problems (High) weight problems (loosing)  and trying to figure out a way to mount a radiator in the Jeepster. Yesterday I thought I had closed in on the radiator yoke construction that would work and had eaten just a half of my daily carbohydrate allotment. This morning my Blood Sugar was higher than it's been since Thanksgiving. The weather says that the temperature now is the highest that it will be today and this is the lightest shade of gray that the sky will be. Our holiday company (and their dogs) is gone and Linda is going out for a "girls" dinner celebration so it will just be me and my dog this evening so I'll just starve myself into the new year. This kind of mood is what has kept me off responding on this forum but it should have been closing out 2015. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am finishing a redo of my car trailer. It had been in need of an update for a long time.  I installed a new treated wood floor yesterday.  Today I am adding a new winch, a new chain box,  and it will be ready when I need it.  My "Friends" will be glad that it is back in service.

John

Funny stuff , John.

it's been near 20 yrs since I last loaned my car trailer out to "friend"...  at the time I received a call:  "a tire blew out". Odd I thought. Tires were in good shape.

When he brought trailer back.  Front right side wheel of trailer had hit a curb, bent the wheel , ripped open the sidewall of tire.  "Friend" was upset when I told him what he was gonna pay to repair / replace the wheel he bent and replace the tire.  He was 'sure' the tire blew out and bent the wheel.  LOL

Now a daze;   I help friends move a car with the trailer on my truck , with me driving.

:idea:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am finishing a redo of my car trailer. It had been in need of an update for a long time.  I installed a new treated wood floor yesterday.  Today I am adding a new winch, a new chain box,  and it will be ready when I need it.  My "Friends" will be glad that it is back in service.

John

Funny stuff , John.

it's been near 20 yrs since I last loaned my car trailer out to "friend"...  at the time I received a call:  "a tire blew out". Odd I thought. Tires were in good shape.

When he brought trailer back.  Front right side wheel of trailer had hit a curb, bent the wheel , ripped open the sidewall of tire.  "Friend" was upset when I told him what he was gonna pay to repair / replace the wheel he bent and replace the tire.  He was 'sure' the tire blew out and bent the wheel.  LOL

Now a daze;   I help friends move a car with the trailer on my truck , with me driving.

:idea:

I hear ya, Tony. I loaned my car tote to a 'friend' that I worked with, as he wanted to move his kids' truck across town. When he brought it back, he hooked it up to my truck while we were at work. I went out after work, and noticed that one ramp was bent. I asked him about it, and he said "Oh, you noticed that, huh?" It was easy enough to straighten, but he never borrowed anything of mine again.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Beck

I own half a car trailer. A buddy owns the other half. He stores it. I pay the license fee. He uses it 10 times more than me, but he does most of the upkeep. It is there when I need it.

When purchasing it we agreed that if it was a good enough friend to use the trailer it was a good enough friend for one of us to pull it too. It never gets loaned without one of us driving.

Actually I just wanted to get on the 1st page of the new 2016 thread...

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Beck"

When purchasing it we agreed that if it was a good enough friend to use the trailer it was a good enough friend for one of us to pull it too. It never gets loaned without one of us driving.

Over the years many interesting situations have developed.  I have had people waiting to borrow my trailer when it got back from someone else using it.  I walked by it one day and someone had borrowed it, ruined two tires and then brought it back without telling me what they had done.  

Now days I just haul the load for them.  I have been know to call and pay for a wrecker instead of loaning it out.  It saves me the time of fixing it after it comes back.

The good story is.  Two friends borrowed my trailer regularly.  They had it for a week once, so I dropped by their shop to check on it.  They had sandblasted and painted the trailer and put 4 new tires on it.  I told them the next time they needed the trailer, to also take my truck.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Rrumbler

I'm sitting here reading forums on the computer, watching the wind blow outside wishing it was warmer, and stewing about the gov't - IRS and SSA giving me a hard time of late.  Looking forward to better times.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

kb426

I'm going back to work after lunch and doing my best to end the year without anything stupid happening. Best wishes to all of you for the new year!
TEAM SMART

38HAULR

Happy New Year all .   Got up bright and early, dropped the top on the 66 Mustang convertible  then headed out  to grab some fuel and a bag of ice for the Esky  to keep the drinks cold in preparation for a Hot Rods in the park  day down on our coastal peninsula .  Weather looks great today 27 degrees C with cloud cover  after yesterday's 39/40  swelter .
I get back and find my wife not feeling 100% with some minor  bug .   Now it will be a day in the shed setting up the steering in my 38 Chev pick up .   The Esky  with liquid refreshment kept cold with the bag of ice can keep me hydrated  :D  :D  :D

chimp koose

celebrated our 26th anniversary yesterday. Last year we were in las vegas for the anniversary.

Crosley.In.AZ

2016 is here.  I still got nuthing.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)