Introduction

Started by Greg Wapling, February 12, 2004, 08:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Wapling

I'm sure some of the guys here from the original Rodders Round Table will remember me. But for those that don't and those that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.
I'm a Hot Rodder from Melbourne Victoria Australia. Had the sickness for more years than I can remember, even as a kid I was reading Australian Hot Rodding Review and Australian Hot Rod and drawing rods I'd like to build or own. It wasn't until 1984 that I finally got my first project after having spent more dollars than I care to let my better half become aware of on tricked up Holden panel vans and Datsun rally cars.
It was a 1934 Chev Master sedan and I bought it as an unfinished project thnking that this would allow me to get on the road quicker. How wrong can a guy be. Took 4 years to get it on the road, but I've done a hell of a lot of miles since then and had a blast doing it.
In 1995 I could see that this thing called the internet had the chance of becoming something big, so I offered to set up a web site for the Australian Street Rod Federation. I could see this as a great way of getting information out to the rodders. The rest as they say is history, since then I have gone on the build many more hot rod oriented sites for Australian clubs and businesses. And have built what I believe to be the premier hot rod portal for Australian hot rods.
So I look forward to the new forum and seeing what some of you guys have to say.
Yours in Rodding

Greg Wapling
The years have been very kind to me, it\'s just the weekends that have done the damage.....
Hot Rod Internet - Cruising the cyberhighway Down Under

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hi Greg, welcome aboard.  Glad to see you here.  I really enjoy visiting your site and reading about whats going on, over the pond, so to speak.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Randy Ferguson

Howdy Folks,
I'm new here, well, sorta. I was a member about 4 years ago, after being invited by Carl Brunson, but was new to computers and found it dificult to find the time to learn how to navigate the site. I'm now busier than ever, but I have a little better understanding of this type of forum, so I'll give it another shot. I'm currently building a '37 Olds. I hate to call it a street rod, because it's really closer to a kustom, but hey, call it what you wish. I'll try getting a good picture posted soon. I haven't taken any recent shots. The crazy thing is undergoing a near complete re-body, ao there's a lot of work to be done. For about 3 years now I've been going around to car shows throughout the midwest doing metalshaping demonstrations, so perhaps i've met several of you already. If not, I look forward to meeting you soon. Attached is a picture of me taking a break during MetalMeet '03.
Bangin' metal will wear you out!!! :lol:

Randy Ferguson Metalshaping & Kustom Paint
Robinson, IL
(618)544-2972

rodbuilderandco@frsb.net

//www.metalmeet.com

enjenjo

Good to see you here Randy. we used to chat over on the metalshapers board back when I had time. :(
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Randy Ferguson

Hi enjenjo,
It's good to be here. If you subscribe to Cars and Parts magazine, check out our article in the March issue. Ken New was over to cover MetalMeet for us. He wrote a really nice article!
Randy Ferguson Metalshaping & Kustom Paint
Robinson, IL
(618)544-2972

rodbuilderandco@frsb.net

//www.metalmeet.com

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum!