Auction news

Started by kb426, February 28, 2019, 05:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

There was a farm equipment auction today. On the list was a 1946 Ford 4 door sedan street rod, 350,350, 9" leather ,ac, etc. and a 1978 Bronco with 30,000 miles. The 46 brought 16 grand and the Bronco brought 36 grand. They both were sold onsite. It's been several years since I saw the 46 but it was a nice car when I last saw it. Maybe the bronco was the best survivor left?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Broncos are stupid popular right now. There is a 79 down the road for sale, it has been setting for about 10 years. The owner is asking $3500 for it, it might be worth $500
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

papastoyss

Quote from: "enjenjo"Broncos are stupid popular right now. There is a 79 down the road for sale, it has been setting for about 10 years. The owner is asking $3500 for it, it might be worth $500
Seems like I saw several Broncos bring BIG money at Barrett/Jackson last Jan. FWIW in 1966/67 I worked in a TRW plant on a line that made the Bronco steering gears. 5-6 days a week cutting 2 grooves in a shaft to locate thrust washers. Most boring job I ever had.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

jaybee

True enough. First gen Broncos have gotten expensive enough you can get reproduction tubs for them, multiple TV car shows have done Bronco build ups, and there are shops dedicated just to Broncos. I like them a lot but I don't think I'd pay the going rate for one. They're high enough the unrelated 2nd gen Broncos have also seen a big jump in price and interest.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Broncos are stupid popular right now. There is a 79 down the road for sale, it has been setting for about 10 years. The owner is asking $3500 for it, it might be worth $500

few yrs ago, we built many automatics for a local company that rebuilt early Broncos... He owned a wrecking yard here and in Oregon. This guy bought Broncos from all over the USA

Probably 8 or 9 transmissions of 10 we built would be at our shop for problems. Each install always had problems with incorrect hookups. Usually linkage out of whack  or no vacuum hooked up to the transmission
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)