What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "tomslik"spent yesterday morning at the doc's (no obama jokes, he's a joke all in himself)
doc sez to me, "it's never anything normal with you"....
have a ganglion cyst on my big toe...

today i'm gonna wander out to the shop and fix some big gaping holes in the trans tunnel on the rambler and make a couple of calls..

Do they still fix them with a hammer?

my toe or the trans tunnel?

A Ganglion cyst. That is how they fixed the one on my wrist.

i'm gonna have this one cut out...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

Quote from: "tomslik"spent yesterday morning at the doc's (no obama jokes, he's a joke all in himself)
doc sez to me, "it's never anything normal with you"....
have a ganglion cyst on my big toe...

today i'm gonna wander out to the shop and fix some big gaping holes in the trans tunnel on the rambler and make a couple of calls..

my toe or the trans tunnel?

A Ganglion cyst. That is how they fixed the one on my wrist.

i'm gonna have this one cut out...

That's no fun! :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

I'm at the bunker getting it ready for the summer and rebuilding the outhouse today...this time with a better vent system.  

The cabin was broken into over the winter but I don't see where anything was stolen.  They jimmied a window lock to get in but even locked it back up when they left.

OldSub, its good to hear you're recovering. Best wishes!
George

enjenjo

Bought a Wellsaw metal cutting bandsaw at a garage sale. Needs a blade and a couple bearings, but otherwise in nice shape

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Helped set up the alignment on the race wagon today. It weighs 300+ pounds less than last year so we should get a high 8 second pass in some time this summer.Also did some panel pulling on the anglia.

OldSub

Quote from: "OldSub"I'm laying in a hospital bed hoping to be released today.
It seemed appropriate to update this.  I'm now in an interim apartment close to the cancer clinic instead of hospitalized.  Today I spent much of the day at the clinic, but being out of the hospital is good even so.  

I'm probably three months from returning home and hope to spend a month or two 'recovering' in my shop before returning to work.  

Thanks for the well wishes and support!

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

river1

Quote from: "OldSub"
Quote from: "OldSub"I'm laying in a hospital bed hoping to be released today.
It seemed appropriate to update this.  I'm now in an interim apartment close to the cancer clinic instead of hospitalized.  Today I spent much of the day at the clinic, but being out of the hospital is good even so.  

I'm probably three months from returning home and hope to spend a month or two 'recovering' in my shop before returning to work.  

Thanks for the well wishes and support!

sounds like you're making good progress

glad to hear it, keep it up

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chimp koose

Hope your recovery goes well.

enjenjo

Drove to Newark Ohio today to look at a car for my grandson. Piece of junk, he didn't buy it.

TJ's Dad

I found this interesting Frank ........

" The traditional method of treating a ganglion cyst was to strike the lump with a large heavy book, causing the cyst to rupture and drain into the surrounding tissues. An urban legend states that since even the poorest households often possessed a Bible (referring to the large family Bibles), this was commonly used, which led to the nicknaming of ganglion cysts as "Jillian's lump" "Bible Bumps" or "Gideon's Disease."[1] This type of treatment is not recommended by some doctors as it can damage the area around the cyst and the cyst may come back anyway."
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Rrumbler

Glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery, Old Sub, hope it goes well and is complete.

Me, I'm sickie-poo, got the ague - or some such; spent Saturday laying around in my reclining chair mostly napping and feeling like s&*(.  Gonna try to go sleep in the bed tonight.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

sirstude

I spent Saturday at the Swap Meet (I use that term with much humor) in Great Falls, and then got the Impala out of winter storage.  I had almost forgotten what it looked like.  Sunday, I helped swap out several truck boxes at a friends.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"

I found this interesting Frank ........

" The traditional method of treating a ganglion cyst was to strike the lump with a large heavy book, causing the cyst to rupture and drain into the surrounding tissues. An urban legend states that since even the poorest households often possessed a Bible (referring to the large family Bibles), this was commonly used, which led to the nicknaming of ganglion cysts as "Jillian's lump" "Bible Bumps" or "Gideon's Disease."[1] This type of treatment is not recommended by some doctors as it can damage the area around the cyst and the cyst may come back anyway."

Did you think I was lying to you? :lol:  I had no insurance at the time, the doctor said it would work, and it did. He laid a block of wood on the cyst, and hit it with a mallet. In a few days it was gone.

58 Yeoman

A woman I know, who was a few years older than me, was very attractive, except for a huge nose.  After her nose job, she had told my (then) wife that they broke her nose with a hammer during the op.  It did wonders for her looks...but, I don't think I could've done it. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil