Petrolheads FB Holden Special Sedan

Started by petrolhead, October 09, 2006, 09:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petrolhead

Thought you guys might like to see some photo's of an Aussie FB Holden Special Sedan done in "Retro 70's" Theme. The car has been sold recently but I thought you might like to see what they look like. BIG thanks again to PIG from the ozrodders forums for posting them for me.
Regards
Petrolhead
"Dare to be different,No Cookie Cutter Car for Me"

Pig (OINKS)

"Don\'t Be Square :roll: - Think Outside the Square" 8)
My \'47 Singer ain\'t no Sewing Machine God Dammit! :twisted:

petrolhead

I know it's not a Rod but I thought you might be interested as you may not of seen one.I purchased this 1960 FB Holden basically as a quick fixeruppa, but how wrong can you be. I had a mate that worked at Dulux and when Harlequin paint($1000.00 per litre) first came out he wanted to use my car as a display car as it wasn't going to take long to do. But I found out the hard way that it was full of rust. This car was full of rust,bog,steel Coke cans,chook wire,fibreglass and even concrete. I ended up putting a whole sheet of Zinc Aneal back into it. Had I sand blasted it first I would of junked it and cut my losses, that's what you get for repairing one panel at a time. After missing out on the sweetheart deal a began thinking of what colour to paint it, and realised that you don't see metalflake any more so a retro 70's them was chosen and it snowballed from there. I hope some of you like it.
Regards
Petrolhead
P.S. I have sold it now to help finance the Coupe project
"Dare to be different,No Cookie Cutter Car for Me"

midnight sun

Quote from: "petrolhead"I know it's not a Rod but I thought you might be interested as you may not of seen one.I purchased this 1960 FB Holden basically as a quick fixeruppa, but how wrong can you be. I had a mate that worked at Dulux and when Harlequin paint($1000.00 per litre) first came out he wanted to use my car as a display car as it wasn't going to take long to do. But I found out the hard way that it was full of rust. This car was full of rust,bog,steel Coke cans,chook wire,fibreglass and even concrete. I ended up putting a whole sheet of Zinc Aneal back into it. Had I sand blasted it first I would of junked it and cut my losses, that's what you get for repairing one panel at a time. After missing out on the sweetheart deal a began thinking of what colour to paint it, and realised that you don't see metalflake any more so a retro 70's them was chosen and it snowballed from there. I hope some of you like it.
Regards
Petrolhead
P.S. I have sold it now to help finance the Coupe project

Pretty Cool.  Looks kinda like a cross between a 55 Chevy and a 56 Ford!  Anyway nice job.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Crosley.In.AZ

looks good now.........sounds like plenty of repair work .
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)