2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I wired in a disconnect switch on the 2 ga battery cables to my 3k Inverter on the RV.  I installed the switch on the negative side.  The Inverter for some reason would randomly turn on and go into standby mode. That would drain my 2 batterys since the covered parking the RV sits at, reduced the useful sunlight to keep the batterys charged.

1st photo shows the gray box 3k watt Inverter at the top. Red switch lever is below it. Next to the switch is the Jaboni solar charge controller.

Switch is rated at 275 amps.. continuous. 325 amp surge for a few seconds.  The system should never come near those levels of amps from the batterys.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

I secured the bumper cover on rear of my folks' SUV at lunch and et shop pizza. Screwed a new drip rail on the GMC job, did other cab and fender stuff. Climbed house and cleaned gutters when I got home. They were new last year but an entire ecosystem evolved in there. More rain n storms ahead. Then I pulled weeds while two loose cats observed. Longest short week ever, just due to worry. :arrow:
Matt