Members of the RRT that use AOL

Started by Fat Cat, December 31, 2005, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I am writing this to inform you that the new AOL spam blocker tools have been used to designate the server that hosts this site as a spam server. So for the foreseeable future you will not be getting any correspondence from this site. Any email that is sent from a @roddingroundtable.com address to a @aol.com address will be considered spam and will be dropped into an abyss never to be seen again.

I have been in contact with the hosting company and they have tried to discuss this with AOL and have not had any results. So if you are someone that needs to be able to receive email through the site or notices of new posts on threads, or instant messages you will need to use a different email address on this site.

I am sorry for the inconvenience but this one happens to be entirely out of my hands and AOL is not willing to listen to reason. Remember they do stuff like this for your own protection  :lol:

unklian

We use AOL as an ISP,but their Email is terrible.

I use Lycos,and Yahoo,for email instead.

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Fat Cat

Quote from: "40"Frank.....Did you get my PM?????

No I didn't but I did get your check today.

Frank...I sent you a PM regarding the use of AOL....Anyway,my question was whether I should post a differant email address in my profile.I have another address with our cable provider that I use very infrequently.It seems I have had a couple of members send me PM's that were not received and was wondering if the AOL deal was the culprit???Perhaps the reason you never received my message??Thanks!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Husker

LOL, I keep telling you to scrap that AOL stuff 40!  

I don't use AOL but most of the browsers allow you to designate if the message should go in the trash or not. I would bet AOL is set up the same.