Hooley

Started by enjenjo, November 29, 2023, 05:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

WE haven't heard about him lately.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

He is fine.  I visit with him regularly.  Currently he is building a 32 Ford 5 window and working on the Studebaker with plans to return to Bonneville.

As a side note our long time friend, racer, and Bonneville guy, Sam Woodard, died last week from cancer.  God Speed Sam, You were a good friend and an incredible fabricator.  He built the cage for the 974 Studebaker and the Okie Twister Henry J gasser.  I feel that his skill saved Hooley from injury and possibly saved his life when Hooley destroyed the Henry J at high speed at Mokan Dragway.

A good man has left us.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Sorry to hear about Sam. he was a hoot to be around.

jaybee

That's a shame about Sam.

I can't say I've ever been to Mokan, but I sort of stumbled upon it one day. I 49 was shut down for a bad crash, reportedly with a 10 mile backup. In trying to find my way around the resulting backup I took a wrong turn and ended up turning around in their driveway.

It was a long trip.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

It's great to hear that Hooley is still up to his old self and having fun. I hope to be part of the old farts gathering to help out at Bonneville soon.

It's really sad to hear about Sam. He knew a lot and was good at what he did.
George

Tman

Good to hear Hooley will be back on the Salt. I should be back this year also depending on Weather. No idea which crew or car I will be with. If Chick runs the Salt Circus roadster it will be with her.

enjenjo

QuoteGood to hear Hooley will be back on the Salt. I should be back this year also depending on Weather. No idea which crew or car I will be with. If Chick runs the Salt Circus roadster it will be with her.

I sent you an Email

WZ JUNK

Tman.  Long time no see.  :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Tman

Howdy @wzjunk! don't think we have been face to face since 2012 Speedweek?

Crosley.In.AZ

We would like to make it to the Salt Flats for Speed Week in 2024...  Our last visit was cut short with a flooded track.  Got a T shirt and then we travelled into Idaho and other areas.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Same thing here, got as far south as Dillon MT and George called and told us lots of water.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Tman

If I head out to Speedweek I should be with Chick and the Salt Circus roadster.

WZ JUNK

Hooley currently has an ad on Facebook Marketplace to sell the "Okie Twisters Ugly Sister"  Search for 1950 Ford GT. It has some good video I can figure out how to paste a link to the ad
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

Good video. Thanks.  He plans to run the "Okie Twister II" the weekend after this at MOKAN
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck