What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

We have a new topic area for 2019....  So far we ate breakfast at Dennys.  My wife likes their pancakes. It was a quiet morning in there at 6:30am
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I will do a little clean up work on the wiring of the Anglia today. I am done with the chassis wiring except for the positive battery cable.  I try to always save that for last.  It would be done but I am waiting on some retaining clips I ordered on Amazon.  The Fuel Tech engine computer should arrive here within the next couple of weeks.  We have been waiting for the newest version to be manufactured.  

I may pick up a broom and sweep the floor.  Sometimes you just have to stop and clean up the mess.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I'm trying to stay warm. It's a very cold, windy, gray day. I'm ready for the sun to come out. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^..

It's time for this winter thing to be over .... :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

Went to one of my nephews house this morning to look for a roof leak. It rained all day yesterday and he filled a five gallon bucket with rain water. Luckily it was in the attached garage and not living area. He bought the house this past summer and this is the first time it leaked. Easy to find the leak, someone had cut a hole in the ceiling, apparently with a long Sawzall blade and cut through the roof for about four inches.it was patched with some type of sealer that had failed. Not sure why the hole was cut, it wasn't completed, they left enough at two corners that the piece was still hanging there. The house was a foreclosure, it has been an illegal pot grow house, it stunk bad for months in the garage even with doors open on each end. I think the attempted hole was going to be some sort of ventilation.

kb426

My wife just left to go to work. As she was going out the door, she said " I just realized you are unemployed. I'm married to a bum". I believe I'll get to hear that until she retires also. :)
TEAM SMART

sirstude

One of the things I was looking forward to with retirement was not having to get up and go to work in the snow.  We finally got a bit of snow over the weekend and today I have to go to the doc so did not get out of the snow.  Blood tests tomorrow morning early too, so another day of icy roads.  We only got an inch or less this time.  Really mild winter here so far.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Replacement of the return spring on my garage door...  will finish today (saturday)  ..  I started on them friday evening.  

The OEM installer had crushed the tube the springs slide on to..  So:  I had to use my Metabo grinder with a cut off wheel to slice open the collar to slide off the assembly.
Tony

lofat46

It's supposed to be sunny and relatively mild today. I guess I'll take down the outside Christmas decorations.

kb426

I spent hours of research and ordered a DRO for the new mill. I was going to reuse the Igaging setup that I removed from the old one and decided one more time: I'm old and not that broke. :) The new ones are a fraction of what they cost when I purchased the old stuff. There's many brand names. They all seem to be manufactured in the same city. This is a glass scale unit. Once again, I'll see if my research was adequate. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Garage door repaired.. adjusted.  Wife's car back inside at night.  She is happy.  Suppose to rain tonight (again)

Something I learned from a few youtube videos...  it is suggested to oil the torsion springs about once a year.  I have never oiled mine till today.  The spring that broke was about 19 yrs olde.
Tony

kb426

Tony, after you oil them, would it be advantageous to wrap them with some form of plastic to keep the dirt out and the oil in?????
19 years sounds pretty good to me. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "sirstude"One of the things I was looking forward to with retirement was not having to get up and go to work in the snow.  

After retirement : I am looking forward to not driving in metro Phoenix traffic... Traffic is getting real bad around here.  A few of us last week were comparing commute times for the last 3 - 4 years.  We all agreed , traffic is worse and travels times are getting bad.  

An average time for my commute of 35 miles is 1 hour in the afternoon.  That is about 33 miles of freeway where some areas the school zone traffic is faster than what we travel on the freeway

The I-17 freeway north out of Phoenix is closed for crashes 1 - 3 times a week now.  There are many crashes on that freeway that does not close the the road... just slow it waaaaay   down.
Tony

lofat46

Quote from: "lofat46"It's supposed to be sunny and relatively mild today. I guess I'll take down the outside Christmas decorations.

Well, after taking down the decorations, I just couldn't resist taking the coupe out for a short cruise. It's not often it's 54 degrees, sunny and dry on January 5th in the Chicago area. 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

I took all the christmas decorations down the weekend after christmas... a few outdoor stragglers were taken down the following week.  I also place some decorations on my mothers grave in Phoenix. Mom loved the holidays , starting with halloween.   I gathered those up last weekend.

It is raining here (sunday morning)..  Started saturday nite.  Quite a bit of water fell.  I hate it when the News  weather guessers are correct.

Today (sunday)  there is a large automotive swap meet monthly , on the west side of Phoenix today.  I will not be attending
Tony