Snyders or Macs

Started by chimp koose, September 28, 2020, 06:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Snyders or macs ? I have decided to buy repair panels for the T door and have to decide where to get them from . I realize both of these companies are probably getting their panels from Howells but I have heard horror stories about Howells direct to customer service . I bought from macs before but a long time ago and heard they had been sold to ecklers . Anyone with recent dealings with either supplier they could comment on ?

enjenjo

I have had a lot of good dealings with Macs, but not since they were bought out. Ecklers has been good for me too. But I think I would go with Snyders, they have an impeccable reputation.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

The only comment I have about Mac's is they don't ship as fast as some do. It's common for the order not to go out the door for several days. The prices are a little higher after Ecklers took over.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Can't comment on service or price but in quality I had few to zero complaints about the A stuff that came from Mac's. Door skins looked funky straight out of the box but they turned out to be just right.
Matt

chimp koose

I guess the next question would be about location . Shipping to Canada can be expensive. Who would be closer to me in Saskatchewan or are these drop ship companies ? There is a supplier in Alberta who sells both macs and snyders line but it may be costlier going with a middle man . As I approach 9 years into this project , I realize that speedy shipping is really not a big issue
:oops:

Canuck

Does G Moir in Alberta do Model T or just Model A.

Found his prices reasonable and quality good.  Dwaine was a good guy to deal with.

Also old Car Centre in BC might be a source.
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

chimp koose

already tried g moir and got no response . Totally forgot about old car centre in BC , i have had good service from there many years ago . I ordered off ebay from howells as i read  that they are very good at customer service on the ebay site and their rating checks out as 98.5% .

Canuck

Moir's website and contact info still looks good, last comments posted end of March 2020.  Were shipping and had pick up at store, no walk-in business.  Hope they still are in business.
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

chimp koose

never dealt with them before but had good experience with old car centre

chimp koose

Got my parts today and they look good ! I was expecting them to be good parts as howells seems to make good stuff . I was told to expect delivery between Oct 16 and Nov 16 so today was a pleasant surprise .  8)  8) I also ordered bear claw latches today from Roky hinges . Ordered from there before for latches for my anglia years ago and liked their stuff. Looks like I may have to get busy on the T as I have enough parts to keep busy for a while . :D