1951 F16

Started by kb426, January 12, 2021, 06:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

O&S worked on small stuff today. I fabbed a simple wood tray to hold the spare tire, jack, jumper cables and a jack stand. I made a couple of simple abs panels for the bottom of the rear fenders to cover up the running board holes that weren't being used. I did a few other things that aren't worth mentioning. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Going on 14 months for a full, ground up, high quality build. I'd say that's pretty impressive. That's a truck to be proud of.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

Thank you. It's off to Salina this weekend unless it rains us out. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S is off of vacation and back to work. :) I removed the front fenders to repaint and painted brake calipers.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Man do you get stuff done ! 8)

kb426

O&S was something of a worker, albeit a slow one. :) The fenders have been repainted. No bugs, just some dirt. :) Matt and I talked about the grille color a little bit. I thought my black choice was a mistake. I had an idea that I won't know is good until all of the parts are back on the truck. The silver is translucent. I sanded the black and shot some light coats of silver over it. It is darker but I don't know if it's dark enough to look good or just look like a mistake. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

Those are good ideas, Matt. I was tired of trying to keep the black clean already. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

I like those ideas, they greatly reduce the visual weight of the black.

I showed pics of the truck to Mrs B a few days ago. She likes it too.

kb426

O&S did cut and buff today. If I got paid by the hour, I'd be fired for sure. LOL. I'm way happier than with the 1st time. Now the whole truck looks on the same level of workmanship.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

looks good. Having it all at the same level of quality is every bit as important as the level of quality.

kb426

O&S has the truck back together. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

8) 8) 8) . Now we should start guessing when you will start doing the next one ! It takes me a year to get done what you do in a month. Hats off to you !

jaybee

I love that thing. I'm not a truck guy, but I dig this one.

kb426

2.5 weeks ago I sent the wiper motor in for warranty. It worked about 30 seconds. :) It arrived yesterday and I installed it this morning. Something that shouldn't have taken long took 3 hours from start to finish. Lots of the dash has to come out. There's still limited room after that. It's working now so I'm not ever planning on needing to work on it again. :) I took the fuel sender apart yesterday and removed some burrs where the pivot shaft goes in. It's free to rotate now so I'm cautiously optimistic that I solved that problem. All of the electrical tests were positive so the movement of the float arm was last on the list. It worked for 1500 miles and then started giving trouble. I hope it doesn't make a habit of that. :)
TEAM SMART