Hammer Drill 1/2 inch, Corded : Good Brand?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 05, 2020, 10:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Looking for feedback on Hammer drill brands

I had a 18 yr old Milwaukee Hammer drill. It crapped out couple years ago.  It was never a great hammer drill.

In fact:  Years ago, i was complaining about drilling some concrete with the Milwaukee unit using 5/8 inch drill bits. A buddy brought over his Bosch Hammer drill.  It used a different type of drill bit and chuck, the SDS style bits.  That Bosch drill went through the concrete easy.

I do not want a brand specific  design drill chuck and bits. I need a 1/2 inch drill and a hammer drill.  I guess everything is a trade off?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I don't have a corded hammer drill, but my cordless Dewalt has done a good job. I have read some good things about the HF Bauer rotary hammer.  https://www.harborfreight.com/1-18-in-sds-variable-speed-pro-rotary-hammer-kit-64288.html
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I don't have a corded hammer drill, but my cordless Dewalt has done a good job. I have read some good things about the HF Bauer rotary hammer.  

A buddy suggested I look at Harbor Freight since I do not use the drill daily.  Not had the time recently..  I also have 2 unsafe  jack stands to return for credit.   :twisted:
Tony

58 Yeoman

I've got 8 jack stands, but none of them are HF. Four are Craftsman 3 1/2T, but are still made in China, as are the other old ones I assume. No info on them; they are smaller.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I was at the Mesa AZ HF Store this morning.  Wow:  many empty shelves in the place.

I looked at drills.   The Bauer brand Hammer drills were virtually all sold out.  HF is having a sale right now.
Tony