2022: What are you doing today?

Started by kb426, January 01, 2022, 02:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I noticed this morning that George's Purple Pickup showed up for sale on the internet.  I bought it from him 7 or 8 years ago, and I only owned it a short time.   I took it to a small local car show, a fellow saw it, and he wanted it more than George and I did.  He had it a year or so and then he passed it on to a fellow in Arkansas.  It looks just like it did when George sold it to me.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I spent yesterday cleaning the shop. It's ready for the next mess, now. I changed the oil on the 72 F100 today. I converted the headlights to relays. The oem light switch has a 12 amp circuit breaker in it. The new halogen's draw more that that and triggered the breaker.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

We are headed up to Glasgow mt ( about 400 miles north east) tomorrow to pick up a golden retriever puppy. Actually picking up 3, one for us, one for our daughter, and one for a gal up in Polson.  We have been without a dog for a couple of years, and our daughter's golden had a stroke a few days after her son was killed.  The gal that has these dogs lives outside of Raymond MT which is just inside of the north east border.  I have never been to Glasgow and have lived in Montana since 1962, so should be a fun trip.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

Just got back from a 5 day visit to my son . Looked after the grandson so my boy could go camping . Grandson has special needs and would not do well at camping .

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Fat Cat

Yea I did an update to the latest software and the theme we were using was not compatible. So I picked on that has color options and can be set to a light or dark version.

kb426

I did a double take after logging in. :) I went to Colorado for the Hot Rod rock and rumble yesterday. It was recommended to me by a recent friend that I meant at Salina. It is an interesting mix of things to do. You are allowed to lap Pikes Peak Raceway as a participant. I chased a cobra down the straight and around the corner in the 51 but didn't have the camera ready to record it. :) The weather was great and the mix of cars was very good to look at. I got to hear some bands that I was looking forward to. Pretty good day. The 51 has over 3000 miles on it. :) The truck gets lots of compliments but seldom does anybody mention the grille. LOL.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Looks good, Fat Cat.

My wife and I had a momentus day today.  Today was the first time we visited the Spring Bay Watermelon Festival.  And, it was the last time we will visit it.  I mean, vendors have to make money and all, but $10 for a 4" funnel cake was just too much. We did each have a 16oz cup of watermelon cubes, though, for only $2 a cup.  Not many rides were running either, I guess as tickets were $1.25 each and it took 4 or 5 tickets to ride the rides.  This is a small town and not (m)any millionaires living there.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

I noticed today that the NHRA Nationals at Indy will be streamed lived on you tube.  I believe it is the first time for this.  Purplepickup went to that event for many years.  We all use to meet at Indy in the early summer for the Goodguys show.  We had some good times at that place.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Indy used to be it. Years ago the top fuel field was huge. The winner of the class would sit out until eliminations came down to the final on the last day. People would talk about an Indy win being better than world champ. I don't follow at all so I have little knowledge of what's going on or who's doing it. I'm sure that it's still tough to win. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Worked on the chopper today . Machined a fixture to hold the neck centered on the frame and at the right height and angle . Next I will have to remove the engine from the lower frame and put the frame in the holding fixture and weld the neck and backbone on to the frame . I may have it rolling on 2 wheels in the near future . Nice thing about a bike is that I dont have to get doors to line up  :lol: 

kb426

I agree with the bike work statement. There maybe another in my future. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I helped my son finish up his storage building. He's not satisfied with everything he did but it's the 1st building he has done. I stood back and helped and he made most of the decisions. :) I'm looking at my next project and not happy with delivery times of components. I'm not sure where this will lead. The lack of good project vehicles and major components may lead to doing something else. ????
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Spent the day getting my fish tank ready to bring the fish inside for the winter. Made a few changes that should make it more enjoyable to me and the fish  ::)Made some brackets and re routed the 1"supply hose from the filter so it is hidden from view and extends to the far end of the tank which is 8' away , changed out the air lines and bubblers ,. Moved the air pumps to above the tank . replaced the regular light with a grow lamp and put a few plants in . I will bring the water lilies in later. I also took plastic from florescent light covers and made tank covers as well as making the power supply more tidy . My son is awesome at aquariums and has his set up so that he almost doesn't need a filter . I am hoping to get there too .

enjenjo

I built a base for my bathroom shower pan today, and made a patch so I can run a 4" vent pipe through a 2 by 6 without weakening it. I had to get a bit creative, but I think what I made will work.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.