2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

That thing is hardly broken in yet, Phil. :)

Well... under Godzilla's litter box lies firm bedrock. That means underneath the worst interior mess ever lies the best floor ever. Solid seat braces, torque boxes, rockers, and rails.  :-o

Unheard of. Hantavirus should start by June if its gonna.
Matt

58 Yeoman

Yeah, this truck has been trouble free the whole time.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

The 29th was the 7th anniversary of a long time buddy's death.. Not so much how long he has been gone, it's how he went out.

Got me thinking about the guys on this forum that are gone.

:-\
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rumrumm

Mike, a friend from high school, saw a cartoon I drew of my '59 Chevy and asked me if I would do one for his '69 Torino Cobra. I did this in PhotoShop rather than freehand since my hand isn't as steady as it used to be. He was pleased with the result.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

WZ JUNK

I bought and antique 20" bandsaw at an auction yesterday.  I am making a wood/metal cutting saw out of it using a variable speed treadmill motor. 
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

That's a real chunk of iron John.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Appetite started coming back last evening. The fecal visions will fade in time I suppose. But theres still a dash to tear down. I am thinking it may be best to cut roof skin off before blasting.

Do you guys pull Mustang engines with trans attached or drop trans first? Seems like the whole mess had to get durn near vertical to come out of the last one. Tempting to chop out the upper tie bar to simplify but its still good.

Last I knew I could roll under a Ventura with a Sag 4 speed on gut and stab it by hand. Betcha I can't do that anymore.
Matt

kb426

Mustang engine question, early ones come out the top, the 96 generation was designed to drop the engine cradle. The 05 and newer, I know nothing about. I believe a Fox body will come out the top with a manual. I never tried an automatic.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Well yeah, comes out the top. 69 model with 4 speed. Using a forklift to snatch it, just thinking it may be simpler to drop the trans first so the engine can just come straight up rather than messing with extreme tilting on chain. Our leveler has probably bitten the dust but those don't really let a guy point the crank at the sky like needs to happen with transmission attached. Maybe I could use a couple lift arms to raise rear of body way high for a straighter shot. Thinking last time I used a cherry picker and had to kinda manhandle things to get over the tie bar on top of core support.

I was looking this AM to find pics of a 69-70 fastback with roof skin off but the web is too much about coupe roof swaps and closest I saw was Cougar. We've got a big rust hole over right visor and I wanted to see structure.

None of it matters much once I am guy in stall with car. It'll all get figured out and handled.

The part that serves subframe duty looks like a grab handle.  :lol:

I guess what I should be looking at is how much car gets to stay when theres a Coyote and probably double overdrive going in. Might be you are supposed to lop it all off at the firewall, which would be simple. Time will tell :arrow:
Matt

kb426

Those of you that have been around for years may remember the blue 72. It was kind of a low hot rod truck. Well, my son and wife use it for the yard truck. It's my son's 2nd vehicle also. The lowered springs in the rear were a problem with very much weight in the back. 2 days ago, I removed the rear coilovers and changed the springs. I planned on changing the units but had forgot that to install the units at the desired height, I fabricated a lower mount that was welded together. I used my hydraulic press and changed the springs to the crown vic P71 front springs. Around 1950lbs capacity. This raised the rear substantially where I really didn't like that much rake. Today, I removed the lowering links from the front. Now it looks like every other F100 from that era. It will probably serve it's purpose better. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Wish my backup looked that nice.

Screwed up my back liberating the beyond rotted dash pad from the Mustang yesterday mid morning and could barely get in my car at end of day because I toughed it and cut out windshield after that and hefted the poopy carpet and pad into dumpster, etc.

So today its sunny and 75 with no wind and I can't hardly put a sock on, let alone work. Theres no light upright work left on the Ford, only removing engine, trans, suspension, column and lower dash. Then putting on rotisserie and a lot of pre blast scraping plus bracing and cutting roof skin off. Oh and carrying every poop smeared part I took off a hundred yards then climbing stairs to pack it all onto shelves. So challenge ahead there, all heavy lift and carry.

Sooo.... today once I could move a little, not wanting to continue having to wet a wash mitt then go back inside to wash hands every time I need to leave the house then seeing the worst droppings on the other side once at my destination....

I clipped wads of cling wrap to all three outdoor parked car mirrors in an attempt to halt the torrents of bird droppings below each. After going out for essentials and finding a bold #1 down the passenger door of the 69, which doesn't even have a mirror. Driving that one usually tones down physical ailments but today's movement limit has been reached. Ones that hinder personal hygiene because can't reach suck worst. Don't they?

A man my age shouldn't have to touch feces so much, thats all I am thinking. Been digging in it too much lately for someone who isn't an entry level plumber. :roll:
Matt

chimp koose

did some digging myself today. removed the rotted side wall from my fish pond , had to hand scoop 7-5gal pails of dirt away to have access to do repairs . Not exactly rat poo but wormy , rooted dirt , 2 feet down has gotta rate as a pain as well . hope to re do 2 sides and have the pond ready in a week or 2 . Probably too early for fish as it still gets down to near freezing at night but I want to get the fish out as early as I can . The pond is a great place to sit by the waterfall , have a coffee and chill out . I am looking at ways to filter the water with potted plants to keep it clear with next to no maintenance . Plants like fish poo and they keep the water clear . I have Coy and goldfish , the Coy will dig up any water plant that is submerged and eat the roots . They turn the water brown with all the dirt they stir up . Tried covering the base of the plants with large rocks but the Coy push them out of the way .

kb426

After finishing up with the 72, I ran the Dakota in the shop and let it cool for a little bit. Then I changed out the right side valve cover gasket that I had postponed for several months. It takes about an hour and a half for O&S to get to the cover. Another 15 minutes to remove all the bolts and clean it up some. 5 minutes to reinstall and 15 minutes to put everything back in place. The truck has almost 100,000 miles on it and to say things are stuck in place would be accurate. :) I believe my maintenance list is completed so I can move on. I think the yard needs mowed. LOL.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Received my lab report Blackstone Laboratories  on the oil in my F350 6.7 diesel engine.  All numbers are in spec for the mileage  (17,860)..

The viscosity is slightly below spec. That is consistent with previous reports too. 

8)  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Somebody stop me.  I bought another Corvair from a neighbor.  He bought it thirteen years ago for his wife.  While it was on the trailer on the way home, he stopped at a gas station to fill the gas tank.  It ran out on the ground.  He parked it in his shed until last Sunday when I bought it.  Same year and model as my other one, 1967 500, 4 door hardtop.  I dropped the gas tank and found the rubber hose connecting the filler tube to the tank rotted away. That was 13 years ago that it rotted.  I've ordered a new tank and hoses, some brake parts, points and condenser and heater hoses. Anyone that's worked on Corvair heater hoses knows it's not fun.  They're 4" in diameter and you buy them in 3 foot secions. Fun times coming.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil