What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Over at O&S, once again a mustang part has become something useful. The bent axle shaft has been turned into a driver. I cut down the spline'd area to be a receiver for a driver. I will machine up adapters as needed. My plan is to use the recess where the c-clip went to use a clip to hole the adapter on. I rounded the other end for hammering and also center drilled it for future possibilities. Because axles are good material, speed was not part of this process. :)

I do not know if the design is still used.. there was a bushing driver set common in the transmission world.  The driver had a groove with an O-ring on it.  To hold the bushing mandrel on. Of course the O-ring would wear and the mandrel would drop off at the wrong moment...  Replacement of the O-ring as maintenance was suggested.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I sold my 1968 Taco 44 mini bike. I disassembled it and packaged it in 3 cartons. UPS did well financially today. :) I hope it gets there without tire tracks on any of the boxes. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Minor maintenance for me today. I brought the Honda c70 in and verified that the battery is toast. :) It doesn't have enough power to run the starter. I worked on my axle-driver a little more. The receiver area was turned to 1.062". I thought that was a poor decision. I turned it to 1" . That will make it easier to machine adapters for it.
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Weather was nice so we parked Vickie's truck outside for the holidays.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/egq3XKo3ZK3P7ung7
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

WZ JUNK

I moved the Ranger outside and removed the rear end assembly.  I pressure washed the rear end, the bottom of the pickup bed,  and the rear frame.  Then I shot a quick coat of a rust convertor on the frame.  Later I may paint it with some rustoleum.  Right now I just wanted it clean enough to work around without getting filthy.  I reassembled the parts and moved it back inside.  A good day for an old guy.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART

chimp koose

IDJ I don't know what the merc sounds like yet . I have a friend coming over to fix the wiring after the holidays and then I will get to fire it up.

kb426

Oil change day for the daily driver. It doesn't get many miles per year but sure gets lots of stop and starts.
TEAM SMART

Carps

Right now I'm sitting outside my house gazing at the sky as I reflect on one hand with melancholy for Chritmases past and on the other with happiness as I contemplate Christmas future.

Got both my original and new families to my fresh digs for what I hope is a truly memorable day for all the right reasons.

Sorry I haven't been the most attentive or active member of the roundtable, but all things considered I've had a great year and I hope too so has everybody else here.

It's only an hour and a half away from Christmas morning here and I wish you and your families all the best for Christmas day plus health, happiness and prosperity as the new decade rolls on.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

348tripower

Carps,
Merry Christmas to you and the family! I am happy to hear you are doing well.
And to all my RRT pals Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!
Don Colliau

Charlie Chops 1940

The Gould family gathered at Gramma and Grampa's last Saturday. Lots of food, hugs and laughs. It was wonderful to have our three sons and wives and grandkids all n one place at once.

I'm now suffering an early winter cold that someone brought with them to share. Not naming any names. We had the two youngest overnight Sunday for the day yesterday. We'll have them again Thursday night and Friday The grandson is 9 and the granddaughter is 6. They live about 30 miles away and we are the go to for sick days and teachers conferences, etc. They keep us on our toes.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Did a quick piece the last couple days, about 4-5 hrs in it. I call it "Paradise Road" Merry Christmas everyone!

kb426

Merry Christmas to all! I'd rather have Carp's warm temps but it's mild here so I'm happy. Santa will have dry roads to find me. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Merry Christmas  all... I seem to be Blessed this year..    The Thanksgiving holiday was spent with the lung recovery thing..   Looks like Christmas in the ICU with blood clots causing more breathing. issues......  :roll:  :roll:      

Many people at the Hospital Remember me from the last adventure.... I don't know if that's a good or bad thing .....  :oops:  :oops:  :roll:  :roll:

Merry Christmas all......

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART