2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Crosley.In.AZ

Washed my F350 today. I use the Harbor Freight foaming bottle on a water hose. With Purple Power Wash n Wax liquid.. With a long handled  brush that is 10 inches wide.

I Started to wax the truck. Keep in mind it is ALL white. 4x4 (tall) , crew cab , long bed.  After an hour my eyes were really tired to looking at the white paint.  I only got the cab , hood , front fenders waxed.  I use a Meguires marine wax. It is tough stuff. Easy on , a bit of a work out to wipe off.

I am up to 3 miles a day on the bicycle. I ride 2 times a day.  About 1.5 miles per ride. I am slowly getting my wind back.  Never thought I would be riding a bicycle again at 70 yrs old.  My back side is still not too fond of the seat on the bike. I may try another seat.

:-X
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Some topside pix post-epoxy. Sturdy, not showy, work. I kept it as neat and frugal as I knew how to. No double spacing of welds or crap like that but it sure ain't no metal fab tig snob showpiece. Just a 73 Ford with 3-4 times the intended power level and no rollbar. :blank:

But I took today off. I am in no hurry to start another all over mud job at my age and according to weatherpersons, today may be my only chance to mow. IF it dries out enough. I talked a thirty something into spraying the primer on this after I prepped all. Metal work seems to be the best balance of body (flesh and bone) wear, tear, and pain. :arrow:
Matt

kb426

^^^^
Surely the owner will be smiling when he sees that. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I'm servicing the 2008 Honda CBR600rr getting it ready to sell.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Bill, I sure hope so.  :)  I aim to please. GLWS

Went out to mow today and found another gift from above. Bookending the work week with Paul Bunyan days. Sigh. Called the city. Trees are the neighbor's responsibility. So over the fence I would holler hey spend several thousand dollars to preserve my sanity real quick willya, and have big trucks drive over my old car while you're there? but I don't want to stand anywhere back there. Let alone mow or saw so I can't hear the crack of the widowmaker. Lest I end up skewered. So here I sit, waiting for the next. In the midst of my quest for greater tranquility. Trees will wait until I have the window AC up and then on a rainy day they will fall and knock the AC out and torrential rain will go in precisely the direction to flood the house while I am twenty miles away unaware. Boy, howdy.
Matt

WZ JUNK

I went for a test drive to see how the new radiator works.  So far it gets an A plus but we will see how it does on a hot day.

I was given an MGB yesterday for another yard art project.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Got home from the hospital yesterday after spending almost two weeks in there.  Went to the ER on 4/23 for what I thought was bronchitis.  Turned out to be a collapsed lung.  Fun times. The worst of it was when they poked that tube between my ribs. Spent most of the rest of the time having a flexible tube running to a 'collection box' collecting fluid from around my lungs and a water seal to keep air from going the wrong way back into my body.  My lung is almost fully re-inflated, but they cut the flex tube a bit and installed a one way air valve that allows air from around my lung to escape as it fully expands.  I'll have that on me for at least two weeks when they will evaluate it to see if they can remove the tube from my chest at that time.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  No firm reason why it collapsed.

Anyway, I'm on FB today, and someone from Arkansas posted a pic of his Corvair at a car show yesterday.  That purple pickup behind the Corvair looks awfully familiar.  Looks like George's PU.  Can it be?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

I sold George's pickup to a guy in Arkansas and I think he has resold it.  Where was the show?
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

I am glad you are home and doing better.  These are hard times to stay healthy. :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

58 Yeoman

Thanks, WZ.  The Corvair owner didn't say where he is from, but he posted this:

BTB Conway AR Expo Center Car Show.

So, I'm guessing Conway AR?  The truck looks just like it did when George had it. I've seen where people buy a vehicle, then change it.  When I sold my 58 Yeoman, the buyer said he was taking off the chrome wheels and T/A radials and going back to dog dish caps and wide whites.  Someone contacted me and said it was for sale with mag wheels, black wall tires and finned valve covers.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Glad you're better, Phil. That can't be fun.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Arkansas?  :)

Oh, Conway.

Phil.... what Bill said! ^^^ +1

I chucked the limb onto tree owner's shed. ;)  :idea:
Matt

jaybee

I'm glad you're feeling better, Phil. That had to be crazy painful and not a little scary. I've seen George's pickup in person a few years ago, that car looks great and has held up really well.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

Phil, sorry to hear about your medical problems. I've heard that a collapsed lung is really painful. Hang in there.
Thanks for posting the pic of the old truck. I spent a lot of time in the driver's seat and made lots of really good memories. Good to know it's still plugging along.
George

kb426

Maintenance day on the DR650. Changed oil-filter and flushed the brake fluid. This is dot4. Even in a dry climate, it needs changing. I used the last filter and oil I had. Does that mean it's the end of the road for it and the rider? LOL.
TEAM SMART