brake calculator

Started by chimp koose, August 18, 2022, 09:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Wallace racing has a calculator on the site that will calculate things like pedal ratio / bore size required / pressure developed and more . It saves doing a pile of math each time and will calculate the missing number when you enter the rest.

moose

Perchance do you have a link or do w3e just google Wallace Racing?

Tim

kb426

TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Some real time saver calculators on there. I was doing the numbers for sprocket sizes on my sons chopper . It had a top speed of 136mph when new as a gs 1000. Thats too fast for a raked out chopper so I was doing the math to slow it down to 110 mph top speed , which is about what the original bike did in the quarter mile . After finishing the math , I remembered the wallace site  ::) . Went there anyways and thats when I noticed the new brake calculation tables .

jaybee

Interesting stuff. At one point I did a bunch of playing with a brake calculator. Among other things I learned that if you're willing to go with 17" or larger wheels to accommodate big brakes and match your master cylinder size well you can get enough brake torque to stop cars weighing below 3500lbs pretty effectively without a power booster.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)