Hunker Down

Started by WZ JUNK, March 13, 2020, 08:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "34ford"People around here have been finding tp at home depot and lowes and menards. Places some don't think about. Might call or try them.

Around here the home improvement stores are out of TP  , If they carry it.  RV toilet paper has been bought out too.  Walmart carried RV toilet paper.  Camping World in Mesa AZ has no RV tp.

I received a call this evening form a acquaintance about Dollar General ad flyer in the mail. the flyer has TP listed "on sale".  I told him the Dollar General is out. the flyers are printed weeks ahead of delivery.  DG may receive shipments of TP , I am sure.  It is good  timing,  if you find the TP.

Just plain crazy stuff, no TP. I chatted with 2 folks at Frys Food store this morning, one of them an employee of Frys..  Neither had seen anything like this situation.  LOL

Friday morning , I will be at Costco at 6am...  If I can score 1 each of TP and paper towels...   :D
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I am trying to do everything possible to isolate ourselves to the best of our abilities.  There is a limit as to what a person can do but you try to do your best.  Most every morning for the last 50 years I have read the newspaper while I eat breakfast.  I am going digital on the newspaper today.  I know the carrier handles the paper and I doubt he is wearing gloves and a mask.  His health may be questionable.  After you decide to do something like this, you think, am I going to far with this, or is this just another simple thing I can do to increase my odds of not getting the virus.

My brother quit his part time job delivering parts for Oreillys so that he will be safer from public contact.  His last day on the job someone stole their supply of toilet tissue out of their bathroom.  They now lock up their supply of toilet paper in the cage that they use for protection of expensive items.

My wife, (a tea totaler) bought a bottle of Everclear because she could not get disinfectant and she found a recipe that can be made with the liquid.  I thought it was a good idea.  After this crisis is over, I can drink the rest.  

As a side note,  I am thinking things are really going to escalate the next few days.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Tony, you may have to order it online.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Tony, you may have to order it online.

Everything online for toilet paper is out of stock or expected to be in stock in 3 to 6 weeks.

I have looked thru places like Amazon for over a week. My order is either cancelled or items are listed as out of stock. Walmart online orders are cancelled or listed as "in store purchase only"  Or listed delivery dates are 4 weeks or more out.

Some of the sellers on Amazon are new members,  It seems this product is shipping from off shore. I could be wrong on that.

The hoarder people that tried to sell TP at high prices online , their ads are removed from Amazon , eBay, probably other sites too...  Or their shipping cost is very high.

Since we are not completely out of TP ..  I have decided to Not stand in line at Costco's first early "senior hour" opening.  The other early hours opening I tried went so poorly, I will wait a few days
Tony

kb426

I wonder if people have considered using a wash cloth for t.p.? If I run out, that's my plan. I have gloves and will wash it just like cloth diapers. :) Reading the reports of people not being able to breathe is the most concerning. I read this morning that more males than females are dying.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

QuoteEverything online for toilet paper is out of stock or expected to be in stock in 3 to 6 weeks.

Ouch!
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"

Since we are not completely out of TP ..  I have decided to Not stand in line at Costco's first early "senior hour" opening.  The other early hours opening I tried went so poorly, I will wait a few days
Maybe it's time to get one of those butt washer thingies they use in Europe.
George

kb426

^^^^^^
That's the largest bidet I've ever seen. Maybe one size fits all???? :)
TEAM SMART

Bruce Dorsi

Some young kids have renamed the virus to "Boomer Remover."

I'm in deeeeeep sheeeeet!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

34ford

Went to wally world this morning around 9 and saw lots of people walking around with packages of toilet paper. We proceed with our shopping and when we got to the back of the store there was still packages left, not a lot but still some there. We picked up an 18 pack that we usually purchase. There was milk and eggs and bread on the shelves.

Daughter has a farm store on her place where she sells beef, pork,chicken, milk and eggs. So if things go south we can always go to "The Little Red Farm" , (business name) and pick up supplies. She has posted hours for 5 days of the week and says food but no TP.

bc

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Crosley"

Maybe it's time to get one of those butt washer thingies they use in Europe.

Hi...  I left the house this morning about 8:15am. On the Goldwing. Felt good. About 112 miles on the bike today in town.  Traffic is very lite on the freeway, running fast too

I made a quik pass by the Costco near the house. The line went from the front door, along the side of the building (about 300 feet), around the next corner towards the back side of the building.  Plenty of olde people with carts lined up.  

Gasoline on the north west end of Phoenix is cheaper. I fueled up at 2.74 a gallon. Later I saw 2.68 for gasoline.

Had a 1 hour visit with my sister in law and my brother. He had a pack of TP for me. Visited my buddy that is building the Studebaker Champ truck. He is doing body work, fitting bucket seats, etc.

Came home...  Neighbor followed me into my driveway.  Asking if the wife and I were OK.. etc. I told him:  like every body else, we will need more TP soon.

I Told him the same thing I have said for a week: People are getting the impression that in 2 or 3 weeks the virus emergency will go away like we closed a door...  It is not gonna happen like that

Here in AZ... School closure was extended till April 10th.

I Stopped at a Whataburger ... You order online & pickup or the drive thru. I was on the bike.  I was told: Sorry, can not order food and wait.  That seemed  stupid to me. I guess the virus may be on the cash I hand him?
Tony

Charlie Chops 1940

I read somewhere that the average time a roll of TP lasts on the roller is 3.6 days per person. So I did a very complicated study and found that Sharon and I are consuming at half the national average. Now, if I start going next door and over at corner gas station I can really kick the crap out of that average. Think of the the money we can save while we cheer up our neighbors and people we don't even know at the gas station.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I read somewhere that the average time a roll of TP lasts on the roller is 3.6 days per person.
I wonder if there is a preferred way to handle the paper that helps the roll last longer? In a public restroom I've heard the guy in the stall next to me stripping off what seems to be half a roll. I was brought up poor so we were taught to be conservative. Dad preferred that we fold the sheets over rather than just use a wad of paper. Works for me. :roll:

I googled it but got mixed results. :?:

I never thought I'd post about wiping butts...
George

Ohio Blue Tip

At you guys age soon you won't have to do that yourself! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"At you guys age soon you won't have to do that yourself! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Good one. Made me laugh.  Life is funnier than stuff you can make up.  :D
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH