Need a car for my daughter

Started by 58 Yeoman, July 07, 2009, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I need an economical car for my daughter, less than $4000.  I don't know which cars are good anymore.  Seems like the mfr.'s change engines so often, I don't know which ones to look for or avoid.  I've already decided against the quad4, as my sister had problems with hers.  Any suggestions?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Flipper

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I need an economical car for my daughter, less than $4000.  I don't know which cars are good anymore.  Seems like the mfr.'s change engines so often, I don't know which ones to look for or avoid.  I've already decided against the quad4, as my sister had problems with hers.  Any suggestions?

2001 Toyota Echo w/ manual transmission.  Some may not care for the looks, but it is a great car.  I have one with 275,000 trouble free miles.  

40+ MPG, good on tires, good on brakes (fronts changed once), never been re-aligned, tie rods and rack still tight, original clutch, starter, alternator, air conditioner, radiator....etc.

It appears to be a half-a-million-mile car easy.

river1

when ever a friend asks me that, and being a "car" guy i get asked that alot, i suggest a honda or toyota. once it checks out they are dead on reliable which is my first concern with a car for someones daughter.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

58 Yeoman

Thanks for the replies; I was thinking Toyota or Honda...  I'll see what's available in this area.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

tomslik

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Thanks for the replies; I was thinking Toyota or Honda...  I'll see what's available in this area.

toyota/scion THEN honda as far as foreign
i'll still take a GM product (depending on which one) if a bigger car is in order
only way i'd be in a ford is if was a new mustang...
ya know, the ones with NO title;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

There is an AMC Matador with a sun roof on ebay
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)