What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Carps, it was good to hear from you.  

Sorry you have had such a bad go of things.  

I hope brighter days are ahead.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Carps:

As the folks here say:  Good to hear from you!

Sorry to read about your problems.  We all have challenges .  Keep your head up and continue to move forward.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

34ford

Glad your back. Miss the model pictures, they always were cool.

kb426

Yesterday I finished removing dirt from the front yard. I have worked on this sporadically all summer. I have removed around 10" of dirt by hand with a trailer, hauling it to the country and filling low spots in a gas well lease road. The pic is end of day today. It will need a final leveling before planting. It's too late to plant this year so I will deal with the mess for many months. Back to hot rods. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Busy sunday afternoon... I am down to months before retirement and "stuff" has to go.  Major down sizing is still happening.

I knew years ago:  the Morris would never be finished in the sense of a running car.  How ever it is finished as of today.

First the roof came off.... then every thing else.  The Harbor Freight Sawzall was beat to death. The rotating head no longer locks in place.   I did Not want to use my plasma cutter for the fear of a fire
Tony

Carps

Quote from: "sirstude"Good to hear from you.  I was thinking about you last week and wondering how things were going.
Doug
Nothing good I hope.
I'd hate to have my reputation ruined.   :D  :D  :D  :D
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Congrats on the new grandchild Joe, yet another generation of hot rodders is born.   :)
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "34ford"Glad your back. Miss the model pictures, they always were cool.
I have only built two models since all my stuff went into storage.  And I have one on the table that's taking me forever to get done because other stuff keeps getting in the way.

retirement was supposed to create at least two finished models a week.  Even then I'd probably run out of breath before I run out of unbuilt kits.

If I can figure out how to do pictures without paying Photobucket, I'll start posting them again.  Been doing a bit of transporting since i've been about out unsupervised.
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "Crosley"Busy sunday afternoon... I am down to months before retirement and "stuff" has to go.  Major down sizing is still happening.
Hey Tony, it's not necessary to downsize when you retire.  I'm keeping all my stuff so the kids have something to keep them busy once I'm gone.   :wink:

As for my problems, they are only so if you let them be so.  Yup, I have a few challenges but nothing I cant beat into submission.
Carps

enjenjo

QuoteIf I can figure out how to do pictures without paying Photobucket, I'll start posting them again. Been doing a bit of transporting since i've been about out unsupervised.

You can post pictures here as long as they are not too big, look at the FAQ for tutorials. I use Irfanview 4.38 (free) to resize my photos to post here.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "Crosley"Busy sunday afternoon... I am down to months before retirement and "stuff" has to go.  Major down sizing is still happening.
Hey Tony, it's not necessary to downsize when you retire.  I'm keeping all my stuff so the kids have something to keep them busy once I'm gone.   :wink:

As for my problems, they are only so if you let them be so.  Yup, I have a few challenges but nothing I cant beat into submission.

Hi Carps...  while you were busy , my son passed away from a heart attack (age 44)  in 2017. He was an only child.  Currently my 3 under age grand kids have been removed from their mother , a  court order placed the kids into custody of her oldest sister.  The mother is still a drug addict (long story)  and the past 1 year has been a meth addict.  All the money for death benefits from my son's death was paying for drugs.

:shock:
Tony

Carps

That sucks big time Tony and reinforces what I have always said.  No matter how tough you think things may be there's always somebody worse off.

The last thing my late wife said to me while I held her in my arms as she took her last breath was, "Just get on with it."  And so I am.
Carps

chris spokes

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "34ford"Glad your back. Miss the model pictures, they always were cool.
I have only built two models since all my stuff went into storage.  And I have one on the table that's taking me forever to get done because other stuff keeps getting in the way.

retirement was supposed to create at least two finished models a week.  Even then I'd probably run out of breath before I run out of unbuilt kits.

If I can figure out how to do pictures without paying Photobucket, I'll start posting them again.  Been doing a bit of transporting since i've been about out unsupervised.

hey carps this is a free hosting site  postimages.org
he who has the most toys wins

58 Yeoman

I also use Irfanview and resize to I think it's 600x800. I can't figure out how some of the pix on here are so big that I have to scroll to see it all.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I also use Irfanview and resize to I think it's 600x800. I can't figure out how some of the pix on here are so big that I have to scroll to see it all.

Those are posted on another sire with a link to the image.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.