Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by jusjunk, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jusjunk

Im headed to the parts store today then out to the garage. Im gonna start my exhaust for the roadster I think. Ive got do do a couple things (make some changes) then im going for it. Ill tack it all together then give it to my neighbor and have his relative tig it all up again. I can only do one side because i dont have enuff fittings and pipe bit that should keep me busy.
Dave

tomslik

after i do some house plumbing repair (faucet washers), i'm gonna finallize my enging mounts on my 48 chevy coupe.i set it back a bunch....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

I'm going to try to get that quadrajet apart with-out tearing up the top gasket. I checked the compression on that V6 and got nothing on that questionable cylinder. Then after 24 hours of desiration ( why I missed CHAT) I made a tool to work the intake valve more than the cam does during cranking and the intake seated and I got compression. Going to do this to all the intakes and maybe try to get it to fire one cylinder at a time. I have the exhaust manifolds off and the spark plugs out and the carb off. Maybe if it was anything solid I can get it out. When the carb was on I didn't get any flow of gas(by gravity) past the float and filling the float chamber through the vent didn't give me any accelerator pump so I'm going to see how much of the flood of 2004 may still be in there after soaking. It's not like I'm going to drive this thing tomorrow so I've got to learn not to treat set-backs like de-feets. GPster

Grandadeo

Going to clean up the roadster and get ready for the big first Saturday Cruise Night down in Jupiter.  Maybe a little yard work before we leave.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

dragrcr50

Im gonna build firewall mounting  tabs on the vicky and a little tunnel over the trans and start with the bondo on the body , gonna paint next friday regardless hehe...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

donsrods

Thanks for the reminder, it's 1:45 and I'm still sitting here playing on this stupid computer.  :shock:  :shock:   Think I'll head to the shop and finish cleaning it.  Got about 1/3 done last weekend, and found stuff I forgot I even bought (where did that Drill Doctor come from ?)

Then I plan to get the 350 block that I just got back from the machine shop up on the stand and start grinding it smoother.  Hope to start assembling it next week after I get bearings and stuff.

Don

Fat Cat

Not really. I hurt my foot on Thursday and can hardly walk without pain. So I am going to set in front of this machine and work on my 1,000 word essay due tomorrow.

tomslik

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Not really. I hurt my foot on Thursday and can hardly walk without pain. So I am going to set in front of this machine and work on my 1,000 word essay due tomorrow.

wild turkey works great for colds but i don't know about foot pain...;)

GPster

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"Not really. I hurt my foot on Thursday and can hardly walk without pain. So I am going to set in front of this machine and work on my 1,000 word essay due tomorrow.
You pour it in your mouth for colds and coughs, maybe if you poue it in your shoe? GPster

jusjunk

Quote from: "tomslik"

If wild turkey doesnt work I have another remedy. Its a swift kick in the family jewels. What it does is make you forget all about the pain in your foot :wink:
Dave :!:  :arrow:

oh ya after you can tell the family you got a couple of acres :arrow:  :wink:  :lol:

Rayvyn

Don't bite down when you put your foot in your mouth... :arrow:  :arrow:  :lol:

Well, at least you didn't walk into a frame horn 3 times... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

tomslik

phat rat

put 112 mi on the cpe this afternoon, found 2 new junkyards, plus met a hotrodder I didn't know and looked his stuff over.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

You've got an essay due on Sunday?  Did you take up preachin' Fluffy?
George

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"
You've got an essay due on Sunday?  Did you take up preachin' Fluffy?

Nope, I went back to school to get an edumacation. I am working on a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming.